Complaint Review: Fitness 19

• Submitted: Thu, September 29, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 29, 2011

• Reported By: Phil — Royal Oak Michigan U.S.A.
Fitness 19
595 E 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak, Michigan United States of America

Fitness 19 Refusing to Accept My Cancellation Royal Oak, Michigan

After paying membership dues for over 3 years, for two members, and using the membership for only one summer, we decided to cancel.  So, my wife goes in to cancel, and of course they try to talk her out of it, and then say, that per the contract, she must put the cancellation request in writing.  Alight, whatever...

So, I write a letter, have my wife sign it, and stop by to drop it off in the morning.  I hand it to the attendant and tell them it's a cancellation letter, and she says, "Oh, you have to come in and speak with a manager and they have to get signatures."  I said, "No, we were told all you needed was a letter of cancellation." She said, "We can't accept this...blah, blah, blah..."  I said, "As of right now, we're cancelled, and we're not paying any more!"

She said, "What is your name, what is your member number etc, etc."

The thing is, I had hoped to rejoin in a few months, once our financial situation got squared away. [continued below]....
..... But, there is no way I will have anything to do with Fitness 19 again - ever! If they cannot treat their clientele with respect, and they are so desperate that they need to use deceptive tactics to collect their monthly fee, then they're certainly not the kind of company I want to be associated with.

We joined when they first established this store in our neighborhood.  Because of our recommendation, we know of at least 3 other families who joined.  So, we have always been supportive, even though we discontinued our use.

It's too bad when a company doesn't understand the ramifications of bad public relations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-19/Royal-Oak-Michigan-48073/Fitness-19-Refusing-to-Accept-My-Cancellation-Royal-Oak-Michigan-782806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness 19