Complaint Review: Fortune Builders

• Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — ventura California
Fortune Builders
Internet USA

Fortune Builders Three Day Seminar--a Sales pitch ordeal no agenda, over-promises, didn't do what was promised, insults and juvenile humor Internet

*General Comment: fantastic experience

There is some good content in this seminar--they have SYSTEMS that are excellent and that obviously have made the owners and the presenter millions. Unlike what one is led to believe in the preliminary material that you will get this material at the 3-day training,  you do not get any of unless you purchase their additional training. The amount of useful content was about a day's worth and the rest of the time was filler so that they could "interview" the people one-by-one that they were trying to sell their $15,000 and way up ($30,000 and more) training packages.

Additional critiques:

Ahead of time we requested an agenda and received one from the company. Our biggest complaint is that they DID NOT follow it. They did not give out a schedule for any of the days. You never knew what would be covered, when the breaks or lunch would take place, or even when it would end each day.

We, along with everyone else, I'm sure, attend a seminar for specific content. To ask people to commit for 3 days is a HUGE investment for many people (it was no small matter for us). People come to these things to learn what we were told we would learn.  That is an immensely important, unwritten contract between people who come and the presenters. They broke that contract by giving bits of useful information, but not in a take-home form and hours of:

-- Tony Robbins knock-off, change your life rah, rah, positive thinking talks

--Would-be actor impressions and dancing from the stage

--Political, state of the economy reports (this was especially offensive if one did not share those views and if you have read a newspaper or listened to any news in the last year)

-- Lengthy personal stories--short is OK--over an hour and more not relevant

--AGAIN and again and again selling of the program which took hours of time--this was incredibly irritating. If the content of the program is truly worth it--people will buy it--and they didn't have to have to sell it that hard.

Most upsetting is that there were a lot of obviously disadvantaged people there who desperately wanted to buy into the American dream. These people most likely do not have parents with lots of money to fund their deals (as did the presenter and other examples) and no matter what you told them, most of the people in that room will never get an investor to lend them money or make a huge deal. They were told to charge the training on credit cards. I found all that very upsetting and really borderline immoral.

In addition, for the $200 we got almost no handouts and in addition, no coffee, food or even tables for most of the people. Not only no agenda, but the forms and "Systems" were quickly flashed on the screen and no one could take a picture of them.

The people managing it ranged from kind to mean to wierd. And if they did not like what you talked to someone about at breaks or lunch (they had staff with no identification) you were rebuked in a public setting for what you said. Women were demeaned from the platform: numerous references to the little woman out shopping, and "yeah, gals you too can do this." When someone asked about a break (because no schedule) he was told "there is the door." If your phone went off, you had to come up to the stage and do the chicken dance—that is junior high behavior and many of us did not consider it funny.

All in all I WOULD NOT recommend this 3-day ordeal to anyone. If you have piles of money or access to it, contact them directly--I'm sure their Master's program for real estate investing  is useful, but don't subject yourself to 3 days of sales pitches and juvenile humor sprinkled with tiny bits of useful information for  this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fortune-Builders/internet/Fortune-Builders-Three-Day-Seminar-a-Sales-pitch-ordeal-no-agenda-over-promises-didnt-1055917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fortune Builders

#1 General Comment

fantastic experience

AUTHOR: Daniel Hoff - ()

I just googled fortune builders to get into thier web-site, saw this web-site and had to comment.

First, I did attend every minute all three days in south bend last week-end.  I found it to be very informative and even inspiring.  I have been involved with many areas of real-estate for the last six years and truly believe that was the best few hundred dollars I've spent for awhile.

Second, If you believe that for $200 that they are going to give away all the information that they have spent years and millions developing you shouldn't have gone to begin with.

Third, I was not able to join thier company and do not work with or for these folks in anyway, but it is not because I did not want to. As a matter of fact, I will be doing something with them as soon as I reach the goals I have set.

I spent many years in marketing and sales in corporate america and have never heard of any company that is in business not to make money.  When someone chooses to attend this event, walks in with an open mind, and a willingness to learn something, you will probably have fun and maybe learn something you didn't know.

When someone chooses to attend this event, walks in with a negative attitude, worries more about "no coffee" and and concentrates on all the information that fortune builders isn't giving away for free instead of the information that they are giving, you deserve every miserable minute that you spend there.

I heard a few miserable people spreading thier misery on others and I chose to get the most out of my time. I for one am very glad I went and would recommend to everyone that they should attend and make up thier own mind.  I would ask that if you want to walk in thier and be miserable, keep it to yourself.