Complaint Review: Frank White, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, January 13, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 13, 2010

• Reported By: Brian — Stamford Connecticut United States of America
Frank White, Inc.
360 Sunrise Highway West Babylon, New York United States of America

Frank White, Inc. Chimney Cleaning Services Unlicensed Chimney Sweep West Babylon, New York

Susan called me at my home to tell me that my annual chimney flu cleaning was scheduled. She said I had to sign up right away for an appointment the next day to get the one-third price of $50.

I've never heard of this company and they are located over 60 miles away by road in another state. It would take over an hour and a half to drive, assuming no traffic.

I called the New York State Suffolk County Licensing department and they said this home improvement contractor was not licensed. They also told me specifically not to use them and said that they had many calls about high pressure chimney cleaning and inspection services.

The firm is not listed in the Better Business Bureau.

I have a local, trusted, licensed chimney service I use who came by before the heating season and said my flu was clean and did not need any service. The estimate was free.

The NY State Suffolk County Licensing Dept told me that these businesses are targeting retired homeowners and using scare tactics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2010 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frank-White-Inc/West-Babylon-New-York-11704/Frank-White-Inc-Chimney-Cleaning-Services-Unlicensed-Chimney-Sweep-West-Babylon-New-Yor-553845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frank White, Inc.