Complaint Review: Fred L. Howe P.C.

• Submitted: Fri, May 04, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: Ben Shekrood — Goodyear Arizona United States of America
Fred L. Howe P.C.
14239 W. Bell Road; Suite 205 Surprise, Arizona United States of America

Fred L. Howe P.C. The Law Office of Fred L Howe Extremely Poor Representation!! Surprise, Arizona

*Author of original report: Rebuttal? Hardly!!

This law practice failed and refused to answer critical questions which not only placed me at a severe and unfair disadvantage, it resulted in the loss of precious family heirlooms.  "We are in receipt of your emails and Fred will get back to you as soon as he can."  HA!  I'm still waiting and it's 3 years later.

This law practice charged me the full lawyer rate for letters written and mailed by the paralegal.  The contract I signed stated that paralegal rates were $175 LESS than the full rate for Fred's time.

Finally got a conference to talk with Fred so he can answer the email questions you never got answered?  Prepare to pay him the full rate while he texts on his phone to another client.  He will still charge you his full rate.  When I protested, he said he would drop the hours from his charges but he never did.

Fred led me to believe that a critical aspect of my case would be handled a certain way by the court.  15 Minutes before trial, during final negotiations with the other side, Fred let me know that the position was not true.

Are you going to change your address?  I did.  It took Fred's office nearly a year to send mailings, including invoices, to my correct address.  My ex got all that mail and held it.  This caused me to miss an important court date because Fred never bothered to contact me by email as well.

That court date?  There was supposed to be a meeting 5 days prior to work out settlements/offers.  Fred never contacted me about that, either.  Nor did he contact me about the "Pre Trial Agreement" which was supposed to try and settle marital property split before trial.  I never saw, nor did I have any input in, the "Pre Trial Agreement."  I discovered it after the trial.

Want to make sure certain conditions are included in your settlement?  I did.  As it turns out Fred ignored those requests, costing me tens of thousands of dollars.  When he did not understand specifics of the conditions I was requesting, he simply ignored my request; he did not ask for clarification.

Fred failed and refused to follow simple instructions.  He never got QDRO's for the correct comparison of retirement accounts and he messed up a critical home appraisal by not following my directions.

You have been warned!  Hire this attorney at your peril.  In my opinion, there is no way he should be allowed to practice law.  I would have been able to attain a far more equitable settlement had I represented myself.  A rock would have done a better job than Fred L. Howe because a default settlement would have been more favorable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-L-Howe-PC/Surprise-Arizona-85374/Fred-L-Howe-PC-The-Law-Office-of-Fred-L-Howe-Extremely-Poor-Representation-Surprise-878285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred L. Howe P.C.

Rebuttal? Hardly!!

AUTHOR: Ben Shekrood - ()

Since I wrote my original report the Arizona Bar Association found it necessary to discipline Mr. Howe and suspend him from the practice of law in Arizona.  He has since regained that ability but be sure to check his history with the Arizona Bar Association.