Complaint Review: Freedom Subscriptions

• Submitted: Fri, December 04, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, December 04, 2009

• Reported By: Shocked in MN — Pequot Lakes Minnesota United States of America
Freedom Subscriptions

Freedom Subscriptions I checked my checking account online and found $17.95 written on what looked like an actual check! Internet

It's funny, I had just went over my entire account with my bank on Wednesday, 12/2 and knew my exact balance of my account.  I signed up for online banking, made a deposit on Thursday 12/3 and for grins went onto my account the morning of 12/4 to find that I had an overdraft fee of $35.00 and a check written out for $17.95 to Freedom Subscriptions!  I viewed the check and found the check number was in the 1500's (first flag) since I am up in the 9000's. and then noticed that the signature was a forgery as well!  I was astonished to find my email address and last four digits of my social security number printed on the bottom left of the check.  I immediately call my bank to notify them of my dilema.  Hat's off to my bank for being curtious and quick to respond to my needs.  I now have my checking account protected, but am still confused as to how they got, what looks like an actual old check blank of mine.

I hope that by adding this report to the others that have been received against this scam will help them get caught and not be able to rip off hard working people like me anymore!  I look forward to hearing that justice has been done to these crooks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2009 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Subscriptions/internet/Freedom-Subscriptions-I-checked-my-checking-account-online-and-found-1795-written-on-wh-533994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Subscriptions