Complaint Review: Freightcenter inc

• Submitted: Thu, March 17, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 08, 2011

• Reported By: Sargon — Cincinnati Ohio U.S.A.
Freightcenter inc
Florida Internet United States of America

Freightcenter inc Lowball shipping estimates, then charge your credit card up to 3X the quote. Internet

*Consumer Comment: I had the exact same thing happen to me!

*Consumer Comment: the way the do this and other scams

I had them quote me on shipping a crate from Neveda to Ohio. We agreed on a price and all pick up info. They pick the crate up and charge 750 to my credit card.(This was the agreed price)
Two days later they charge an additional $1900.00 to my card. I call them and they said it was a standard recalculation. I contacted the credit card company and filed a complaint.
I tried again to get them to respond to me with no results.
The credit card company agreed that it was fraud and found that they seem to have a pattern of irregular billing procedures.
Stay far away from these smooth talking crooks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2011 05:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freightcenter-inc/internet/Freightcenter-inc-Lowball-shipping-estimates-then-charge-your-credit-card-up-to-3X-the-q-707112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freightcenter inc

I had the exact same thing happen to me!

AUTHOR: BonBrown - (United States of America)

I had business with Freight Center in Jan 2011 with shipping of a cargo from across country- I was quoted $1,100, which I paid in full before the shipment was picked up. Everything seemed just fine. I signed a one page document with the quoted shipping charges, the 'fine print' was in one paragraph. THREE months later I had some random $1,200.00 taken out of my account, which was a debit card, so the funds came right out of my checking account. I disputed the charges right away. The bank ruled against me saying that they provided them with the documents and fine print that it was my debt! The 'fine print' they supplied my bank was over 7 pages....of which I have NEVER seen! In addition not once in the full 90 days after the initial charge in Jan. did Freight Center ever call me, email me, or snail mail me anything that said I owed any additional amount! They just stole $1,200.00 claiming there was a mis-quote of shipping!!

I did see that the BBB now has a rating of C- and they have had over 65 complaints filed against them in the past 12 months.
I am filing in small claims court. And I do know that I can file here in California where I signed the contract and they cannot hire an attorney to represent them in small claims court, no attorneys are allowed to represent anyone in small claims.

This is a horrible company and I will tell anyone I know to never do business with them-

the way the do this and other scams

AUTHOR: What_I_Found - (United States of America)

If you go into your account that you created and re-run your quote you will see that the rate there is vey different than what they are charging you. they break down your cost per pound typically and that is what they use. Also, as you know, you are getting screwed.

I suggest getting a screen shot of that actual rate you ran, dispute it with your credit card company and tell freightcenter to go eat dirt.

they are stealing from ANYONE who gets a rebill and you can fight it. I did! Don't take their crap and post this information all over the place. I saw on BBB they have a C+ that is almost failing! No wonder they take advantage of us.

Fight back against them and you will see your credit card company will help. Also, I suggest filing a small claims case in your hometown since they are not charging you the right rate. They will have to hire a lawyer or get to your city to go to court. You'll win and if they default, you have a judgement against them.