Complaint Review: Funeral.us.org

• Reported By: Steve — South Lyon Michigan United States of America

Funeral.us.org Cemetery.us.org Scam and Deception , Internet

*Author of original report: Offer to Refund Charges

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Service

This company operates under a variety of names. They offer to provide reports on such things as funerals, obituaries, burials, etc. The cost for a report is $1.00. After filling in the information the graphics make it look like they are processing hundreds of records, finally "finding" the information which will be e-mailed to you within 10-15 minutes of your payment. I made the payment and was directed to a second page which is very cleverly designed to make you think you are just reconfirming your e-mail address. Since nothing is happening it makes you think the additional information must be entered to get your report. Fortunately I read the fine print and realized I would be signing up for 10 months of "something" at $19.95 per month. I did not sign up and have been watching my credit card charges closely to ensure nothing is charged by this scam outfit.
I never received the promised report but my card was charged $0.50 and $0.49 for the report I never received. I tried contacting their customer service rep, Josh, by e-mail after having seen his response to another Ripoff Report about this company. Never received a reply.
User beware - this is nothing but a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Funeralusorg/internet/Funeralusorg-Cemeteryusorg-Scam-and-Deception-Internet-1003457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Funeral.us.org

Offer to Refund Charges

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

I will write to you as suggested. However, would love to see you respond to the following:

1. I wrote to you prior to filing my report. I received no response. I find it interesting you invite me to contact you now, only after seeing your company listed here where your offer to refund can be viewed as a positive move. Why wasn't my original request good enough to initiate the refund? I provided all of the information needed in my note including transaction numbers.

2. Why didn't I receive the report as promised? Your site indicated all sorts of records were being processed and the report had been completed, yet nothing ever arrived. Interesting your site was able to bill my credit card account with no delay but could not provide the information promised.

3. Why was my account charged in 2 transactiuons, one for $0.50 and the other for $0.49, rather than the $1.00 listed on your site? Seems like you are trying to fly under the radar of some legality.

4. Why is the site purposely set up to deceive people into signing up for a costly subscription?

I am betting you won't answer any of these questions. Scamming people and then offering to refund the money of those who complain doesn't make you any less of a scammer.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Service

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Steve,

Please email josh@cemetery.us.org and I can offer you a refund immediately. I apologize for any inconvenience and I will get back to you as soon as I receive a message.

Josh F.