Complaint Review: Future Media Architects

• Reported By: not worth it — unkwown Texas United States of America
Future Media Architects

Future Media Architects FMA, Inc Check Fraud, Internet

*General Comment: This Was Not Future Media Architects

was notified by email that I would be interviewing for an online position.  The person name was Douglas Cole, email address was douglas_cole86@yahoo.com. I was instructed to set this person up on my yahoo instant messenger.

I did that; the interview would take place at 8:00am.  The next morning around that time Douglas Cole introduce himself as a 52 year old man who was the manager for FMA, Inc. would be conducting the interview.   We went through a series of interview questions, place me on hold for about 15 minutes, he stated they would let me know if I was a good fit for the position.

Shortly after that he came back stated that I was a perfect for the position.  He proceed to go into detail what the position would be consist of, they would sent me a laptop, printer, internet on the go.  And the only thing that I would have to pay for is the program which was $399; I stated that I did not have the money.

Douglas Cole placed me on hold again stated to consultant with someone else.  He came back stated that the company would pay for everything with no charge at all to me (red flag).  He stated that I would be making $20 per hour while in training, and $25 per hour after I complete the training.

The first four week would be training and I need to be online Mon-Fri from 8-2.

The first four week he would give me questions to complete and email to him.  Then, he stated that he was sending a check to me to setup my office and for me send money to the vendor for the program.  He proceed to send me a tracking number on February 1, 2013, this package never arrived.  Then, he sent me another tracking number through USPS on February 6, 2013 arrived on February 7, 2013 to my home.

Douglas Cole instructed me to go to my bank ATM and deposit the check.  I stated that my account was over drawn by $430; he stated that I can take that amount and send the rest to the vendor.  All kind of red flags was showing up, I did trust someone that I have never met.

I took the check to my personal banker, and had her to check the bank that it was drawn off.  The check looked false; the signature look like it was copy off something.  When I received the check it had not check stub stating what it was for (just the check in the envelope).  Check was false!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Future-Media-Architects/internet/Future-Media-Architects-FMA-Inc-Check-Fraud-Internet-1011133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Future Media Architects

#1 General Comment

This Was Not Future Media Architects

AUTHOR: Rebuttal - ()

It appears that the name of Future Media Architects was used by internet scammers to cover their scam.  Future Media Architects was not involved in the matter described in this report.  Douglas Cole does not work for Future Media Architects.  Future Media Architects does not sell software to end users nor does it hire employees in the manner described in the report.

We are sorry that the Future Media Architects name was used for this scam.  We have become aware of similar situations and have reported it to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Thank you.