Complaint Review: G. E. Money Bank/Walmart

• Submitted: Sat, October 15, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, October 15, 2011

• Reported By: Chai — Boston Massachusetts United States of America
G. E. Money Bank/Walmart

G. E. Money Bank/Walmart Company opend a credit card account I did not ask for Internet, Internet

Regarding my Walmart Credit card accounts on my credit report:

When filling out the online application, I noticed that the application does not ask applicants  to specify which of the 2 credit cards they  are applying for:   a Walmart credit card or a Walmart Discover credit card.  So before I filled out the online application, I called customer service to ask if I already had an active Walmart credit card, would they approve me for a 2nd one if they did not approve me for a Walmart Discover card?  They told me by telephone that since I already had a Walmart Credit Card, if my application for a Walmart Discover card was not approved, a 2nd Walmart Credit Card account would not be opened.  Yet that is what happenned.  I got approved for a 2nd Walmart Credit Card.  I told them to close this account, as I did not apply for a 2nd Walmart Credit Card.  I complained by email, and got a letter in the mail stating that since everything is accurate, they cannot remove the 2nd credit card account from my credit report.  So I closed both Walmart credit cards and opened a Visa Card account with another bank.  G.E. Money Bank employees obviously are incompetent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2011 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/G-E-Money-BankWalmart/internet/G-E-Money-BankWalmart-Company-opend-a-credit-card-account-I-did-not-ask-for-Internet-789082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G. E. Money Bank/Walmart