Complaint Review: GECRB/Sam's Club

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: pamela — Glenburn Maine United States of America
GECRB/Sam's Club
P.O. Box 530942 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

GECRB/Sam's Club Sam's Club Personal Credit Card closed my account because TransUnion said I wanted it closed and wouldn't reopen it 4 calls begging them for Christmas Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Inquiry

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help

I had to contact TransUnion in June, 2012 because someone reported I was dead.  It took 3 weeks to correct the error with SS, Medicare, Tricare, Banks and Credit Bureaus.  Upon contacting the credit bureaus I noticed that 2 accounts had not been updated with the correct balances. One being my mortgage and the other GECRB/Sam's Club.  The corrections were made but I was unaware that TransUnion notified Sam's Club that I wanted my account closed.  I  went to Walmart yesterday to purchase some Christmas presents and 2-3 grocery items.  The card was declined.  When I arrived home I went into my Sam's Club Account and saw that I had a $1200 limit and only owed $35.  Down in one part of the statement it said "account closed per customer's request".  I immediately called Sam's Club and told them that I didn't  close the account and that I needed it for Christmas.  After  4 phone calls to GECRB, I was no further ahead than when I called the store.  I asked if they would reopen it, no was their answer.  I have tried to contact TransUnion to correct it, not in. Tried to file an investigation on the TransUnion website, won't let me.  I have a form to fill out and send but will take a week to get there and 30-60 days to correct.  There goes Christmas.  I called GECRB back and asked if I could report the card lost or stolen and be reissued a new card, no was their answer.  Now what do I do?  I have a complaint into the BBB for Chester, Pa. area, I am writing to you and I have to wait till Tuesday to see if they will do anything over the phone.  I am very upset with GECRB and TransUnion to go behind my back and close a perfectly good, on-time payment credit card that I desperately need.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2012 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GECRBSams-Club/Atlanta-Georgia-30353/GECRBSams-Club-Sams-Club-Personal-Credit-Card-closed-my-account-because-TransUnion-said-967734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GECRB/Sam's Club

Inquiry

AUTHOR: Shell B - ()

I would just like to know if GE Capital was any assistance in re-opening your account?

We would like to help

AUTHOR: GECapital - (United States of America)

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 111512_ror_pamela**

Im sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account.  We would like to try and resolve your concerns.  Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
- Mailing address associated with the account
- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,