Complaint Review: GM Card - HSBC

• Updated: Thu, December 23, 2010

• Reported By: Arostal — Milwaukee Wisconsin United States of America
GM Card - HSBC
Dept 9600 Carol Stream, Illinois United States of America

GM Card - HSBC HSBC Card Services No room to budge! After 3 years of good payments, %20+ interest rate. Carol Stream, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: GM card

They will take your money as they did mine. I went over limit once and they added so many fees it took me 4 months just to get it under my credit limit. Now I have been paying on time for over 3 years and I called to get my rates lowered from 20%+. This is the only outrageous card I have, all others are %5-10.
Every time you call customer service you will speak with a foriegner from India. If you ask for a lower rate, it takes them seconds to say, "Sorry but there are no lower rates for you, but you can try again later." Over 6 mos of hearing this stuff from these people.
HSBC/ GM Card is the worst credit card company I have ever had. They will not work with you at all.
I know that the 0% interest rates look attractive, but don't miss a payment or go over limit, or you will be pay up to %28. HSBC is cheap, and lazy, and just rob America blind. I would rather give my money to Goldman Sach then the GM Card. Just stay away from them please. I don't want to see anyone end up like me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2010 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GM-Card-HSBC/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60128/GM-Card-HSBC-HSBC-Card-Services-No-room-to-budge-After-3-years-of-good-payments-20-i-605251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GM Card - HSBC

GM card

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

So HSBC credit card took your money? Well,be a big boy and manage your money correctly. Realize that all credit card companies are playing a game with you and they are betting that you will borrow as much as you can afford at very high interest rates..

Or just do what i did. Borrow the money and pay it back in full each and every month.I got the original GM card when they first came out,and figured that if I charged everything in the way of business expenses, that it might be possible to build up the maximum of 7 thousand off the price of a new car.Note that it is not possible to build this amount for new customers,but my account is grandfathered in.

Last year,my brother had a truck with 350,000 miles that barely ran.He replaced it with 'cash for clunkers' and bought a new Chevy Colorado pickup.. The best part of the story is that all I had to do to cash in my GM card was to add him as an authorized user to my account. Ten minutes later,I had 4000 dollars in my pocket,and I gave him 500 of it for his trouble.

To be fair,the one thing these people tried to do that was 'shady' was to offer me a 'new' GM card,but when I questioned them about how the card would be different than the one I had,I found out that the maximum amount of rebate available would be 5 grand instead of seven grand. I chewed them out pretty good for that one

Guard your credit well. A good credit score can get you great deals on home loans,and make car loans and insurance cheaper to purchase,and even make you more likely to get employment.