Complaint Review: GMAC Insurance

• Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: Jacy B — Mesquite Texas United States of America
GMAC Insurance
P.O. Box 3199 Winston-Salem, North Carolina United States of America

GMAC Insurance Has increased my premiums with no reasons. Winston-Salem, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

*Consumer Comment: Investigate what?

Since joining GMAC in February 2010, my car policy has increased from $335 odd dollars (I don't remember the exact amount) to the new renewal effective April 7, 2013 to $803.  There are 3 drivers on my policy with no moving violations nor tickets.  No at fault accidents.

GMAC is dishonest and a total rip off to consumers. I went out and recieved quotes for auto insurance which matches the coverage i currently have with GMAC and it is less than half of what I am currently paying with GMAC, which is $592.84! Ridiculous!!!

With the new insurance carrier, I have more car rental coverage and still my monthly premium is almost half of what I currently pay with GMAC!!! Why are they ripping off consumers with perfect driving records as if we are high risk drivers!! I am so ANGRY!.

I have been cheated for the last 3 years by these inflated premiums from GMAC. I want this to be investigated and I would like a portion of my money refunded. This is disgusting to say the least!!!! GMAC should be ashamed of themselves to cheat customers out of their money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2013 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-Insurance/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-27102/GMAC-Insurance-Has-increased-my-premiums-with-no-reasons-Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-1028035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC Insurance

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"GMAC is dishonest and a total rip off to consumers"

An excessive price increase is greedy but it's not dishonest or a rip-off.

Investigate what?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" . I want this to be investigated and I would like a portion of my money refunded.  "

Here's how this works.   When a policy is up for renewal they tell you what the price will be.   As a free and independent consumer, you are free to accept the renewal, or shop around for a better deal.    When the price increased dramatically, what did you do?

The price of a policy quoted to any inividual customer can vary quite dramatically from company to company.    Each company tries to balance its risk profile by offering lower rates to those with the desired risk profile and higher rates for those in a profile that is oversubscribed.    Your post seems to suggest that insurance companies should all be charging similar rates for similar drivers, which is not how the system works.

Since you desire a refund, would it be safe to assume that you did not bother shopping around when your rates went up?   That's really no one elses responsibility but your own.