Complaint Review: Garcinia Cambogia

• Reported By: nick s — Los angeles , CA California
Garcinia Cambogia
Internet USA

Garcinia Cambogia Free Trial Fraud, NO Refund for Cancelled membership Internet

I somehow stumbled across a Rachel Ray blog post touting this "Fat Burning" formula. Being almost 30 lbs over and really need to drop, I checked out the website after seeing a Dr Oz video (many of you reading, probably did the same).

I signed up for the free trial, and supposed to pay $4.95 for shipping. As usual, all the add copy emphasized "FREE TRIAL", even at the checkput page.

I get the Free Trial Product within the prescibed time, OK. Try the product, not impressed. A couple weeks later, I get a charge for 87.67 on my Master Card for Membership.

The curious thing about this transaction was no email confirmation or notification, no way to contact except for customer service number (located somehwere near greenville SC).

So I went into my browser history to review the webpages- I found a parapragh below the fold in very small (8pt?) type in light grey color saying that submitting the order I was over 18, and Im signing up for a monthly membership at $89. [continued below]....

..... After wrestling with customer service to cancel and refund the money, they refused.

The Big Question: what recourse does one have under these circumstances? I have screen shots of the web pages that I visited, and the ones I didnt, like TOS, contact (Moldolva???), etc...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garcinia-Cambogia/internet/Garcinia-Cambogia-Free-Trial-Fraud-NO-Refund-for-Cancelled-membership-Internet-1122466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garcinia Cambogia