Complaint Review: Garmin USA

• Updated: Tue, November 26, 2013

• Reported By: Hager family — Statesville North Carolina
Garmin USA
, Select State/Province USA

Garmin USA bad support, no service kansas

*Author of original report: Well DUH.

*General Comment: No...

I have had a Garmin Nuvi for only three years, and recently tried to update the map. First of all, the map update bar just ran on and on and there was no indication that the map ever downloaded, and I saw plenty of complaints about Garmin Express and download problems.

After checking and seeing that the map did not download, I contacted support. They kept emailing ideas for getting the map update and nothing worked.

Not only that, but the GPS stopped working all together. I was on a trip out of town and I tried to type in a location to find it, and nothing would work on the screen,

I read that buying a card for the GPS would help about updating maps as it would give more room for installation, so I sprung for about $14.95 and bought one, thinking that this would help me download the map ( over $50 for an update) that I had already paid for.

Well it didn't work. The message I received on Express said that there still wasn't enough room and that I needed to get a 4GB card ( I had bought an 8 GB card!) so now I am stuck with a broken GPS that wasn't cheap to begin with and I expected it to last longer ( after all, Garmin boast on their site that their products are 'built to last')

My next stop will likely be the Attorney Generals site. You can go on BBB.org and see all the complaints that they have gotten from Garmin customers. Not a good way to improve your image. Apparently you are expected to buy a new unit every three years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2013 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garmin-USA/Select-StateProvince/Garmin-USA-bad-support-no-service-kansas-1102348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garmin USA

Well DUH.

AUTHOR: Hager family - ()

I have done all of this and more. FYI

It did not work.

#2 General Comment

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

No you are expected to know how to use them period. Do a factory reset on your device. Then FORMAT the card to your GPS. Thats why its not reading. Then attempt to do your download again. Ten to one you had a data "hicup" and your GPS got stuck trying to instal incomplete data. You can call your AG and whine to the BBB. Both with just point and laugh at you because this is a YOU problem. Not caused by Garmin. In every instance that I have seen a GPS get stuck in a boot load, it has ALWAYS been a glitch in the download.

Learn to use your toys before you go crying on the web. And since the web is more then either dirty pictures or a forum for you to show your ignorance, you can find MANY sites that will help you to fix your GPS. There are walk throughs on YouTube. And multiple sites that have support for your device. Apperently you know NOTHING about your GPS and Im fairly sure you threw the instructions away.