Complaint Review: Gatz Shipping

• Updated: Tue, June 18, 2013

• Reported By: dalebridges — Austin Texas
Gatz Shipping
Boise, Idaho USA

Gatz Shipping Instead of moving us across the country, they abandoned us and refused to pay the money they owed us Boise Idaho

*Author of original report: Wrong date

On April 20, 2012, we accepted a bid for our move from a company called Gatz Shipping via a website called uShip. The move was from Boulder, CO to Austin, TX. Jeff Gatz called and said he would arrive to start the move between May 28 and May 31, as per our request on uShip. He said he would call later to solidify the exact date. My fiancee and I made numerous appointments both in Boulder and Austin based on this information.

The date grew closer and Mr. Gatz didn't call, so I called him (I believe it was May 25). He said he had run into bad weather while attempting to complete another move in Texas. He said he believed he could still make the May 31 deadline, but just in case he asked if we could push the date to June 1. I told him our lease ended in May and did not think we could stay past that deadline. Mr. Gatz pushed hard for the extension, so I called our landlord and begged for more time. Finally, we were allowed to stay until June 1. My fiancee called to push back all our appointments.

When I called to tell Mr. Gatz the good news, he immediately said he would not arrive until June 2. I called our landlord again and was given another extension. My fiancee called and pushed back our appointments again.

The landlord stated we could stay in our old apartment at a cost of $30 per day. Mr. Gatz clearly stated he would cover that cost.

I tried to nail down the specific time Mr. Gatz would arrive on June 2, but he kept avoiding the question. He finally said he would not get there at all on June 2. I asked him what time he could be there on June 3. He stopped answering my texts and phone calls.

Finally, after many hours, he asked if we could put our belongings in storage and he would bring them to Austin at some unknown date in the future. I said this was unacceptable. He ignored my texts and phone calls all night.

On the morning of June 2, Mr. Gatz texted "it will be a couple weeks out because of delays." I asked him if he was seriously telling me two days after our scheduled move that it would be two weeks before he could complete the job. He said yes. I said this was unacceptable and asked him to cancel our agreement on uShip.

I told Mr. Gatz I expected him to pay for the extra days were forced to stay in our old apartment, as agreed upon earlier, an amount that came to $90. He never responded.

If Mr. Gatz had simply told us from the beginning that he could not do the move, I could have made other plans. Instead, he kept stringing us along until the move became a complete disaster. He has never responded to my phone calls and emails concerning the $90 he still owes us. I would like a letter of apology from Mr. Gatz and a check for $90.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gatz-Shipping/Boise-Idaho-83704/Gatz-Shipping-Instead-of-moving-us-across-the-country-they-abandoned-us-and-refused-to-1059957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gatz Shipping

Wrong date

AUTHOR: dalebridges - ()

The date at the top of the report should say April, 20, 2013. Not 2012.