Complaint Review: Global Connections, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, April 11, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, April 11, 2011

• Reported By: Lori — Orlando Florida United States of America
Global Connections, Inc.
Hiawassee Rd., Orlando, FL Orlando, Florida United States of America

Global Connections, Inc. Global Discovery Vacations, Global Vacation Network, GVN, Globaldiscoveryvacations.com Liars, Liars, Liars!! Lied to me to get me to sign up and then said too bad!! Orlando, Florida

Liars, Liars, Liars!!! We went to a sales pitch in Orlando. My family goes on a yearly trip to Key West and usually spends over $2, 000 for the condo alone for the week. So, if this membership did what they tell you it does, it would have saved us a ton of money every year. Unfortunately, it doesn't!
Even though we were VERY specific that we were buying this membership to use it for a yearly trip to Key West, and we wrote that on our paperwork when they asked us where we planned to vacation first, and our sales guy showed us a book with specific properties we could stay at in Key West, when we called for the first time to book our trip, I was told "I have worked here for ten years and we have NEVER gone to Key West".
I have asked them to cancel my membership (which was paid in full by the way) and so far I am just getting the run around. They have people call me who then tell me they don't have the authority to cancel it. Then why are they calling me when I asked to speak with someone about cancelling my membership?????
We will see, but as of right now, it seems that they intentionally lied to us to get us to buy their product and they have no intention of making it right!!!   Most complaints I find have to do with the free stuff that they give away to get you to the sales pitch, but mine is a legitimate complaint about their own sales people boldfaced lying to get me to sign up.  And if it was a reputable company they would stand behind their sales people and make things right in this case but instead they are just saying, oh, sorry he told you that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2011 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Connections-Inc/Orlando-Florida-/Global-Connections-Inc-Global-Discovery-Vacations-Global-Vacation-Network-GVN-Globald-716333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Connections, Inc.