Complaint Review: Gold's Gym (Orem, Utah)

• Submitted: Fri, August 26, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, March 31, 2012

• Reported By: Jane — Provo Utah United States of America
Gold's Gym (Orem, Utah)
1259 South 800 East Orem, Utah United States of America

Gold's Gym (Orem, Utah) Asked for 4 Training Visits, Received No Training, yet being pursued for $6,000+ Fraudulant Contract. Orem, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: I had a similar problem at Bountiful Gold's

*Consumer Comment: I had the same problem

DISHONEST, MISLEADING, SCAMMING, BAIT & SWITCH on personal training contracts. They print contract in back room and stick it in envelope before ever showing you what it says and you sign on an electronic keypad and initial a half-sheet of paper.

Asked for 4 visits of training and was signed to 4 per month for one year!!!!  48!!!  Didn't see the
total amount until got home and took the contract out. Tried to cancel, but three days had past. Called corporate offices, they said the would not cancel at this point.  Received no training yet and asked them to modify the contract if they couldn't cancel it. They said they would get
back to me.

A year later, after hearing nothing and thinking it had been dropped/canceled a collection agency wants almost double that amount and is threatening immediate payment in one lump sum or taking me to court and tacking on court costs.  The salesmen admitted he had printed contract with more visits than asked for. He said he explained this to their manager and still nothing was done.

Their profit model is built on personal training contracts --less on gym memberships--that is why
they are so aggressive and dishonest about them. Sounds like they're dishonest about their membership practices, too.  Their employees receive the push and incentive to do WHATEVER they have to in order to get you to sign.

I'm a full-time college student.  They are ruining my credit and adding on extra charges that nearly double the THOUSANDS they have me "signed" for in the first place.  They hand it over to
collection agencies that won't even listen to the truth.  There are laws about contract inducement and fraudulent contracts.  I am looking for others with similar experiences with this gym. Am planning a group law-suit against the gym and its owners. If you or anyone you know have
been wronged by deception from Gold's Gym, please post here.  We realize that thousands more will read than will post and that is important, too.  We want to help others from being scammed and having their financial lives ruined.

IF YOU HAVEN'T been to GOLD's GYM in Orem, UT...NEVER, EVER trust them or sign-up with them.  Go to 24-Hour Fitness or a a city or university facility. These people are the dregs of the universe regarding integrity and honesty!!!!  I regret the day I ever stepped foot into Gold's Gym. Run an internet search and see how many of us there are and avoid our pain and punishment for trusting what they say.They have done this to MANY PEOPLE! THE WORST GYM ANYWHERE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2011 06:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym-Orem-Utah/Orem-Utah-84097/Golds-Gym-Orem-Utah-Asked-for-4-Training-Visits-Received-No-Training-yet-being-purs-769477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold's Gym (Orem, Utah)

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I had a similar problem at Bountiful Gold's

AUTHOR: Golds Gym Sucks - (USA)

I had a similar problem with the Gold's Gym in Bountiful. They forged a contract and promissory note in my name. I am not a lawyer, but I have researched this quite a bit and may have information that could help you. Perhaps we could help each other. Have you gone to court yet?

I had the same problem

AUTHOR: Jet - (United States of America)

I signed up at the Van Winkle location in Salt Lake City but they are operated by the same franchise owners and when I canceled they contacted me later and said they never received the cancelation paper