Complaint Review: Gray Transportation

• Reported By: Rob — avon Ohio USA
Gray Transportation
2459 GT Drive Waterloo, Iowa United States of America

Gray Transportation crap s**t company Waterloo, Iowa

On or about December 13th, I made arrangements with this company to attend orientation on December 27th. I was told by Charles, the recruiter at Gray that they would have no orientation the week of December 20th because of the holiday.

After arriving in Waterloo, IA on Christmas day, I found out orientation would not start until Tuesday the 28th. Today December 29, I was told by the weasel, Darrin Gray that I had to many jobs to be employed by their crap s**t company with the broken down trucks, irregardless of the fact that I have, for the past 22 years, a perfect driving record.

This is the second time that this has been done to me by an Iowa trucking company this month while seeking employment. They don't give a shit about paying bus fares and motel rooms as the tax payers pay for this!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Me thinks something really stinks within the trucking industry. Does the reader think possibly that its because I am suing one of their kind for unemployment. I was laid off (after 10 months of service) by K&B Transportation because I moved from Columbus to the Cleveland Ohio area. They had to dead head me 0ver 130 miles for home time to Cleveland.

The way that K&B laid me off was typical business procedure. They brought me back on a pretense to the terminal. After arriving I was told to report to the office. There I was grilled as though I was a criminal for alleged log book violations. I was given a prepared letter to sign that stated I was resigning my position. When I objected to signing it, the scumbags told me that they would fire me. Because I have never been fired from a job in my life, I signed it. I did not want a termination (especially an unfair one) on my DAC report.

I informed the Ohio unemployment office that I was forced to sign the resignation under duress with threats. I guess K&B transportation didn't like it because every time I fill out an application I get a call back from recruiters grilling me on my employment with K&B.

At Gray, I was told by Darrin Gray, that K&B had returned to them one of those employment reference forms which stated that I had been terminated.

K&B (like a lot of other trucking companies) will now go through drivers like shit through a pig because of the new CSA regulations regarding log books. They don't want drivers filing for unemployment insurance because they do not want to pay higher unemployment taxes. They will just use us up and find ways to illegally terminate us.

Anyway, stay away from Gray. Of the 7 drivers that showed up for orientation all left but one. They do not even have a payroll card. You must send in your trip sheets by mail. No direct deposit either. They lied about pay, etc.

I got a good look at their garbage trucks. I wouldn't let my dog step foot in one of them. They don't allow pets.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2010 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gray-Transportation/Waterloo-Iowa-50703/Gray-Transportation-crap-st-company-Waterloo-Iowa-676627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gray Transportation