Complaint Review: Half.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 23, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, December 23, 2012

• Reported By: pinkladybug — CONOVER North Carolina United States of America

Half.com Half.com is trying to cheat me out of money Internet

I began selling dvds on Half.com on or around 11/14/12.  I received 2 payments from Half.com on  11/21/12 and on 12/6/12.  Then on 12/19/12, when I was due a payment, I got a message that they had suspended my account, and they asked me to contact them via email, which I did.  They have never replied and explained why my acccount was suspended.  So, I contacted them asking when I would receive my payment.  This is a copy of their reply:Dear Sherry,  Thank you for writing Half.com in regard to reinstating your account.  I gather from your email that you want to have the pending payments from your account. I know how important this matter is to you as a seller and let me help you out with your concern.  Sherry, we're holding your payment for a minimum of 90 days to make seller payments available to settle any outstanding orders. We have to be sure that any returns and refunds are complete before we release the funds to you.   Please don't use or open any other accounts on Half.com. That could cause a delay in the payment process.  If you want to request an account review and be eligible for payment, you need to write to us at service@half.com 90 days after your suspension date of December 19.  In summary, you need to write us back after March 19 so we can further review your account and help you get your pending payments.  Sherry, I admire your patience and professionalism in handling this issue. We are looking forward to your response.

Thank you for choosing Half.com!  Sincerely,  Aileen M.N.Half.com Customer Support

It is ridiculous that they hold my funds for 90 days.  Then, they require me to contact them about receiving them.  I checked on the internet and found that many sellers never receive the money from Half.com.  How can they legally do this?

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2012 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom/internet/Halfcom-Halfcom-is-trying-to-cheat-me-out-of-money-Internet-986401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com