Complaint Review: Hassler Diesel Performance

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Mike S****- President IET — Pipersville Pennsylvania
Hassler Diesel Performance
261 Airport Road, Bethel, Pennsylvania USA

Hassler Diesel Performance Tom Hassler Tom Hassler couldn't put together a Tonka Truck Transmission, much less a real one! Bethel Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Learn your facts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This guy is awesome

If you have a transmission that needs to be repaired avaoid Hassler Transmissions!  We are a company with numerous trucks.  Tom Hassler was reccomended as and "expert" on diesel transmissions.  Our 2000 F350 was acting-up and we took it to Hassledr.  Tom misdiagnosed the problem, charged us $4,200.00 for a transmission replacement when all the truck needed was a transmission harness. (ok.....so we should be ok at least you would think he would replace the bad harness at the same time...but...Nope....).

First the truck broke down in TN, towing and repairs another $2,000.00.  A month later......the transmission catches fire....I'll repaeat that so we all are on the same page.  The transmission cought fire!  Seems Tom put in a sub-par touque converter....it melted down and cooked the transmission......guess what?  Transmission liquid will catch fire at a high enough temperature!

Hassler has not stood by his work at all!  In fact we now have another $6,200.00 bill from a reputable transmission shop to fix all the damage Hassler did! Stay away from Tom Hassler!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 05:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hassler-Diesel-Performance/Bethel-Pennsylvania-19507/Hassler-Diesel-Performance-Tom-Hassler-Tom-Hassler-couldnt-put-together-a-Tonka-Truck-Tr-1065141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hassler Diesel Performance

Learn your facts

AUTHOR: ANONYMOUS - ()

Ok Mark I'm happy for you that you never had an issue congrats, but clearly you've been sipping on that Hassler cool aid a little too long. Please don't post a rebuttal if you don't know the facts. First of all let me start off by saying the trans broke A bunch of times but fully blew twice. Took the truck to hassler asking to diagnose the trans concern of course right away states the trans needs a rebuild it's slipping(no surprise it had 170k on it). So got the trans built, drove it for less then 2000 miles and it looses reverse and blows pump seal draining the fluid. Truck was stranded in TN. Got it back to him where he tore it down and "fully" rebuilt it again.

Got 3/4 home of a 2 hour drive and started acting up again callied right away took it back up  and dropped it off... turns out it had a bad trans wiring harness from the begining. Now tell me this if you take a truck to a trans shop and he tells you it needs a trans and really it was just a loose connector all along, That wasnt even replaced when doing the trans wouldn't you be a little bitter at this point? Then comes back with oh yeah that wasnt covered under warranty you owe me for this USED harness I just installed( only needed one connector) and voids your warranty... Reallly?

Then here's my favorite part hope everyone's sitting down for this!  Couple weeks after the trans was rebuilt and harness replaced, was driving and it starts bucking trans is clattering around trans temps getting higher and higher no trailer nothing! call him instantly and he tells me to limp it up too him(2hrs away). Not even to our shop yet and starts pouring white smoke out the trans! Pull over in a hurry and the truck burst into flames!!  Safely got the fire out had it towed to a referred trans shop where we come to find out the "high end" torque converter Hassler installed literally exploded cracked the flex plate literally melted down the whole trans!

Found parts that were cut to fit in our trans found cheap parts over torqued bolts caused parts to warp and bend! I saw these parts first hand! Call him up Tell him what happened and he wouldn't do anything about it unless we paid to freight ship him everything! Warranty didn't mean shit at this point we just wanted a reliable trans or our money back for the pile of sh*t he built us with what looked to be left over parts laying around his shop! So before you go defending your little "buddy" remember your still a customer and he's obviously gonna tell you everything you wanna hear! TOM HASSLER IS AN ARROGANT EGOTISTIC FRAUD! BEWARE FUTURE CUSTOMERS!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This guy is awesome

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

I seen this report online and the next time I had my truck in for service at Hasslers I asked them about it. The reason this guy is mad is they voided warranty twice. Here Tom covered the Trans the first time they voided it and wouldn't cover it the second time they voided it. Which what place covered something when they abouse a product. They shouldn't even have covered it the first time. I love my trans they built for me, no issues, every time I'm there there is always new trucks there for them. Great Trans at a great price. If they didn't know what they were doing they wouldn't always be atleast 3 weeks booked oulol for work, I could keep going bbut everyone knows how good they are!

Mark Martin