Complaint Review: Homeward Residential

• Updated: Thu, December 20, 2012

• Reported By: Jonathan — Fremont California United States of America
Homeward Residential
P.O. Box 619063 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Homeward Residential AHMSI Manipulated accounting to steal huge sum of money Dallas, Texas

Run from this company and don't look back.  My interest % went up about a year ago and I mistakenly made a payment that was $134 lower than the $6026 mortgage payment due. I told them I would send a check for $134 immediately but they said no.  They wouldn't apply it, wouldn't return it until I made another payment of $6026. They held this money for a year.

They then reported me as paying 30 days late for an entire year, destroying my credit score, and charged me $2K in late charges.

Here's the kicker.  I'm currently selling my house, and they're charging me $14,592 in interest on top of it, saying I'm 60 days late on payments.  But at the bottom of the payoff statement there is a single line item credit.  Titled "suspense balance," it's for $5,892 (the underpayment they would not apply).

$134 cost me about $8K and destroyed my credit after 14 years of never missing a payment.

Homeward or whatever their name is this week is as organized as organized crime gets.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeward-Residential/Dallas-Texas-75261/Homeward-Residential-AHMSI-Manipulated-accounting-to-steal-huge-sum-of-money-Dallas-Texas-984990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeward Residential