Complaint Review: HostGator.com

• Updated: Fri, January 24, 2014

• Reported By: LLL — Dallas Texas
HostGator.com
5005 Mitchelldale Suite #100 Houston, Texas USA

HostGator.com, Joshua Martin Director of Customer Service Hostgator.com failed to renew my domain and I lost my website. They did not notify me, just sold it via auction. Houston Texas

Hostgator.com claims "automatic domain renewal" for any domain transferred to its hosting site. Hostgator.com failed to renew my domain, did not contact me to notify me of this, and sold my domain via auction.

Joshua Martin is the director of customer service. He did correspond with me promptly and cordially, but failed to take responsibility for this incident.

Since the site was sold at auction to a "squatter" service it cannot be returned to me unless bought for a high price. Hostgator.com has refused to reacquire my site and return it to me and instead offered to host another site for me, free of charge. However, this was unacceptable retribution to me since my site name involved my company brand and there were many years of branding associated with it.

Beware of their site claims and do not trust them to handle domain renewal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HostGatorcom/Houston-Texas-77092/HostGatorcom-Joshua-Martin-Director-of-Customer-Service-Hostgatorcom-failed-to-renew-m-1118246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HostGator.com