Complaint Review: Hotbook Sale

• Submitted: Fri, October 05, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: Cathy — Port St. Lucie Florida United States of America
Hotbook Sale

Hotbook Sale BBV Hotbooksale.com One book order turned into an subscription I knew nothing about, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: HotBookSale.com

I ordered a book from Amazon on May 24, 2012, which Amazon stated would cost $5.00.  On May 31, 2012, I received a bill to my credit card for $19.95 without notice.  I thought that maybe my husband ordered a subscription to something so I did not question it.  It was not until October 1, 2012, when I talked with my husband about these unusual transactions of $19.95 on 10/1, 8/31, 7/31, 7/2 and 5/31 that I asked my husband if he subscribed to any books and he told me that he did not.

I called the company and reached an automated system where I was given the option to cancel (something I never subscribed to begin with).  I cancelled using the automated system.  I have no idea how this company could charge my credit card without my knowledge.  I am not sure how to get my nearly $100.00 back.  I tried to call the company back to talk to a live person, but I was not given the option to talk to anyone about this matter.  I would like to warn everyone of these rip off and although we might watch our on-line credit card accounts, we can overlook something and not ask the right questions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotbook-Sale/internet/Hotbook-Sale-BBV-Hotbooksalecom-One-book-order-turned-into-an-subscription-I-knew-nothing-951224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotbook Sale

HotBookSale.com

AUTHOR: BBV Support Team - (United States of America)

Hello, I'm Jack from the HotBookSale Support team.

We take all comments about our products and services very seriously.

Please note that we do not have any association with Amazon.com. We are HotBookSale.com and we believe that you placed your order with us and join the membership.

Please note that our membership program is optional and there is no obligation to join in order to purchase any of the products we offer. Also, there is no automatic sign up during your shopping experience with us. In order to become a member, you must first agree to the terms and conditions of our offer, which are clearly shown to you before you make a purchase.

Additionally, having a membership entitles you to exclusive money-saving benefits such as Free Shipping on your first order, $5 off the first in-stock item you order as a new member, up to 30% off regular product prices each time you shop, extra discounts every month and much more. Plus, you have access to DVDs, books, music, video games, posters, vitamins and more, all at deeply discounted prices. Also, you are free to cancel your membership at anytime, at no cost to you.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to offer products and services that our customers value. We ask that you contact our Support Team either by telephone or by submitting a support ticket so that we can help resolve any issue you may have with our products or services.

To contact us, please visit http://www.HotBookSale.com/support/

We also invite you to see what other customers are saying about our services, please visit our Testimonials page at: http://www.HotBookSale.com/store/testimonials.aspx

Sincerely,