Complaint Review: ICDC College

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 24, 2012

• Reported By: gfranc — Manteno Illinois United States of America
ICDC College

ICDC College Empty promises and lied about accredited classes to transfer out of state. Even sent me some BS e-mail trying to prove they are recognized in Illinois, even though I researched. As I had a hard time Internet

*General Comment: Different levels of accreditation

*Consumer Comment: Another FYI

*Consumer Comment: Just an FYI

I am beyond furious. I live in IL. and was guaranteed that my class I took @ ICDC was accredited in my state and met the requirements for me to obtain my certification once I finished my externship (commonly known as an internship elsewhere).

First, my computer was damaged and they would not fix it, but I'm sure my financial aid covered it. Second, I never actually spoke with someone unless they called me to find out why I hadn't signed into my DB (discussion board).

Third, which was the final straw; was when I started out to find a place to do my internship. I went to an interview which is well known in my area and associated with a well known hospital and was informed my school ICDC College was not accredited and if I did my internship would be a waste of my time since I would not be eligible to become certified when the time came.

I contacted ICDC and explained who I talked to and what they said. That is when they tried to e-mail me some BS about accreditations and some type of process to transfer my program; which is also BS and I should've been informed in the beginning. Now I am in debt for about 14,000 for absolutely no purpose and wasted time thinking I was furthering my education.

For the record I am not an X-felon, so getting a job would not be an issue so this school needs to be held responsible. There is over 12 billion dollars in college debt and the government needs to be aware that some of this money could be saved if there was further investigation into the education offered by some of these "quick degree/online classes" it could save people and the government a lot of money.

As for paying them back; I wish I could BS them the way they did me. Thanks for nothing ICDC College.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 12:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ICDC-College/internet/ICDC-College-Empty-promises-and-lied-about-accredited-classes-to-transfer-out-of-state-E-886758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ICDC College

#1 General Comment

Different levels of accreditation

AUTHOR: innovativemomma - ()

ICDC is Nationally accredited which is the same as not being accredited when it comes to transferring credits and filing for state certifications. There are online schools that are regionally accredited and offer classes that are recognized by other universities and states, I attended one and got accepted into Syracus School of Law. You just have to know what you are looking for. Regionally accredited schools are reputable colleges such as UCLA and Harvard, hike nationally accredited schools   offers classes that won't do much. Also, Romeo? Really?

Another FYI

AUTHOR: Lorenzen - (U.S.A.)

ICDC IS accredited and is recognized by the US Department of Education ( a school MUST be accredited and recognized by the Dept. of Education in order for their students to be able to receive federal loans and grants ). However, NO college or university HAS to accept credits from any other college or university.  Do your due diligence next time.

Just an FYI

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

There is over 12 billion dollars in college debt  "

Twelve billion would be great.  The actual number is in excess of $1 Trillion.

" "quick degree/online classes"  "

Everybody wants to do things the quick and easy way these days.   If TV advertisements are any guide, a lot of people are spending a lot of government money to get their quick and easy educations.

In the real job market, employers give very little weight to educational experience from one of these marginally accredited institutions.

Before choosing one of these for-profit institutions, all you need to do is check with your local state university.  Ask if credits from the for-profit school are transferrable.   That should tell you everything you need to know about their accreditation.