- Report: #735567
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Immigration direct
Immigration directAustin, Texas United States of America
Immigration direct Immigrationdirect.com Out of date instructions provided by Immigration Direct Austin, Texas
*UPDATE Employee: Immigration Direct Customer Contact Information
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have the following complaints about immigration direct:
- The website is misleading, google adverts present their services as being part of the government, but you have to pay for their services in addition to the application fee.
- In specific the AR-11 form is being replaced by an online service from USCIS.gov. You are able to immediately inform the government about your change, without paperwork nor application fee.
- These points above is how they make money and you can only blame yourself for not reading the fine print, BUT they are responsible for the fact that there instructions provided are not up to date. The AR-11 form I filled the beginning of April contained the mailing address that USCIS.gov had updated April 1st. Resulting in my pending application being declined (cost 380$ + 3 months) because I didn't inform USCIS on time about my address change (they had received it at the wrong address, USPS doesn't forward US gov mailing).
When I contacted Immigration direct to complain they informed me they would follow up with IT to assure this wouldn't happen, but it was correct on their website right now. When I asked them what they would do for me. I have spend money on a service that was not correct, I got lectured about the fact I hadn't asked for a cancellation from the start. After speaking to a manager I got a refund for the fee I paid them for filling in the AR-11 form. Nothing they could do about the fact the pending application was declined due to their mistakes.
Use USCIS.gov and read the instructions carefully, making sure you got the latest version. Do not use immigration directs forms, they are out of date, even if they state they up date them on a daily basis.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2011 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Immigration-direct/Austin-Texas-/Immigration-direct-Immigrationdirectcom-Out-of-date-instructions-provided-by-Immigration-735567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.