Complaint Review: InstantCheckmate.com

• Reported By: will — Jamestown California
InstantCheckmate.com
Not sure, I think they're in Las Vegas, NV Internet United States of America

InstantCheckmate.com Just a Ripoff, Internet

This is supposed to be a background check site.  Just for fun, I put my name in.  In the example report, they did have a return on my name; it was just my prior address, along, with many other people with the same name.  I decided not to purchase.  Then, the website offered me a trial for $1.00.  I bit.  They got my credit card information, then, gave me a full report, which, was no different than the original.  However, it did show some criminal and civil activity for some of the people who had the same name as I.

I thought no big deal, except that if anyone else were to use the site to search my name, they would have no way of distinguishing me from the other who did have legal issues.  I never went back to the site again, but, a few days later, I found my card had been billed for the dollar and another $27.00 for the subscription that I did not purchase.  I called them, they explained to me that I agreed to it and that it said in the "fine print"  that I would have to call and opt out of this second payment.  THEY STOLE MY MONEY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InstantCheckmatecom/internet/InstantCheckmatecom-Just-a-Ripoff-Internet-1045520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InstantCheckmate.com