Complaint Review: Iowa Steak Company or Iowa Steak Co

• Updated: Sun, April 08, 2012

• Reported By: Carol — Concord North Carolina United States of America
Iowa Steak Company or Iowa Steak Co
7156 Weddington Rd. Suite 130 Concord, North Carolina United States of America

Iowa Steak Company or Iowa Steak Co MEAT WAS TERRIBLE - SMELLED OLD, TASTED RUBBERY - TRIED TO INVOKE THE 'WARRANTY' that was a joke! Concord, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Hmm.. Carol's response does have the ring of honesty about it

*Author of original report: Iowa Steak Co. is not a reputable company

*Consumer Comment: Turning the attention...

*Consumer Comment: First two posters are obviously the same guy, and full of BS

*Consumer Suggestion: Stand Behind 100%, Huh ??

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Iowa Steak co.

*Consumer Comment: Inside Information

Paid $562 for steak and chicken. Cooked a piece the same day and called the salesman when I realized that the steak I cooked smelled/looked old and tasted rubbery (not at all the way he described it to me). After several phone calls I started worrying I may have been ripped off... I read the back of the invoice that states I can cancel within 3 business days. After several phone calls I decided to send the company a telegram the next day. I waited for a reply (and got none)...

I tried giving the meat away to the second harvest food bank but they would not accept it because it did not have dates stamped on the packaging. I was able to donate it to a local men's shelter. I tried calling the corporate office who asked the local office to call me. Jeremiah told me to "F**K OFF" that he wasn't going to give me my money back - he didn't care if I sent a telegram or not. I called the corporate office again (no response).

I took this company to small claims court - they did not show up for this either. I won my case and a judgement has been ordered. I once again called the corporate office and spoke to the collections manager Becky. After several phone calls back and forth she told me that she had spoken to the president of the company and he does not authorize her to pay the judgement - said that at $.12 a day interest he'll just keep it outstanding and let it accrue the interest. WOW right - how's that for a 'legitimate' company!!!! Why even provide a warranty if you do not have any intention of honoring it...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2011 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iowa-Steak-Company-or-Iowa-Steak-Co/Concord-North-Carolina-28027/Iowa-Steak-Company-or-Iowa-Steak-Co-MEAT-WAS-TERRIBLE-SMELLED-OLD-TASTED-RUBBERY-TRIE-796110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iowa Steak Company or Iowa Steak Co

Hmm.. Carol's response does have the ring of honesty about it

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

Still surprised that they have not paid the judgement, but these companies can be so sleazy, that who knows?

And they did get an F rating. Note that part of the reason they have the F rating is because of the industry they are in; companies that sell meat door to door are ALWAYS shady (http://dayton.bbb.org/article/bbb-says-be-wary-of-door-to-door-meat-salespeople-targeting-local-residents-19924).

Moral of the story: Never buy meat that is being sold door to door. In fact, never buy ANYTHING being sold door to door; nothing sold that way is legit these days.

Iowa Steak Co. is not a reputable company

AUTHOR: Carol - (United States of America)

Unfortunately it seems that folks writing on my initial report might be trying to confuse the consumer by claiming that my statements or my detailed accounts of the situation are not true.

I can guarantee you that I did file a small claims court action against Iowa Steak Co. in Cabarrus County, NC on September 27th, 2011.  I presented my facts to the court and was awarded a full refund plus the costs of having to file the case.  I can also state, as sad or unbelievable as it may seem, that this company has yet to pay any part of the judgement against them.

If you would like to verify this activity please feel free to go to the Cabarrus County Courthouse and look it up.

If anyone from the Iowa Steak Co. goes to the Cabarrus County Courthouse and pays this judgement I will be happy to state that it is paid in full on this report.  Until that happens I can assure the public reading this post that it is 100% accurate and I repeat - this company is not reputable (just look them up on the bbb - which is exactly what I SHOULD have done - you don't get an F for no reason).

Turning the attention...

AUTHOR: moogoo - (USA)

I'm confused as to how this Stuart guy relates to my experiences or if it's a ploy to divert the attention elsewhere but I do have to say I'm not surprised this happened if it is the truth considering the hiring practices you use. Now as far as my experiences as bizarre as they sound they are the truth whether or not you want to admit it!!! The Point of it all is that you guys have no work ethics, no morals, no standards and most of all no respect for the customers you have.

If you would stop with the all mighty attitude for a minute and take the time to listen to what we're saying and try helping your customers with the problems they're having then maybe you wouldn't have to always feel you're on the defense and better yet remembering that without customers YOU HAVE NO JOB should be a sobering thought don't you think?

First two posters are obviously the same guy, and full of BS

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

Let me start out by saying that I am sure this any company that sells meat door-to-door is going to be pretty dodgy, so I am by no means endorsing them. In fact, I would not be surprised if they named themselves "Iowa Steak Company" to confuse some people and make them think they are "Omaha Steaks". So I would stay away from them.

However, a company is not going to refrain from paying a court judgement of such a small amount. And the bit about taking some vacation time to work for the company? I mean, I've seen some stupid posts on here, but you take the cake.

And you claim you sent a "telegram"? What is this, the 1950s?

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Stand Behind 100%, Huh ??

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Well, the websites GUARANTEE is only for replacement of product, not refund. Folks, stick with you local butcher, you know, the guy who is never embarassed to tell you the USDA 'GRADE' of the meat or offer you a refund if you're dissatisifed. Why buy flash frozen mystery meat from a complete stranger?? Isn't your familys health worth it?

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Iowa Steak co.

AUTHOR: jeremiah jones - (United States of America)

In response to this false statement I would like to say that Stuart Claus was not a new rep and he was fired by Iowa steak co and we are now taking him to small claims court because he stole over a $1000 from the company. Iowa Steak Co is one of the most prominent meat companies in the country and we stand behind our product %100. I do not own a gun nor are any of our reps allowed to do drugs. We have a very strict policy and any violators are immediately terminated. We found that Mr Claus was wanted for a drug offense and therefor he was terminated in the process of covering all of his paperwork we discovered that he had committed a fraudulent offense. We immediately contacted the customer refunded her and filed against Mr Claus. He now works with another company so please remember the name and be advised to call the cops because he is wanted. Iowa Steak Co will be happy to provide a free sample to anybody who wants to try our product.

Inside Information

AUTHOR: moogoo - (United States of America)

I too was treated unkind by Iowa Steak Co.  I had a sales rep. come to my door and "pitch" me or what I call "feed me a line of crap"!!! Anyway...I could go on and explain what happened to me but better yet I would like to explain what i did about it!!!

I decided to get a friend of mine to take some vacation time and apply for a job at Iowa Steak Co.  He got a job without any background check or verification of who he was the same day he applied and began working that same day! On his 3rd day he was allowed to take the company vehicle home!

I went to work with him and I was Sick after some of what I saw and witnessed.  They are located in a warehouse/office space and in this warehouse area about 2000 sq. ft. they have a 12x12 walk-in freezer and several chest freezers scattered around. As we entered the warehouse two guys working there were complaining because their chest freezer and inventory was left unplugged all night and all the meat was thawed yet they were told that they could tell the customers they choose to sell it to that it is fresh meat from the butcher!!!

The manager (Jeremiah) was comparing his gun to one of his employees'. About 20 mins. after we got there we were asked if we smoked and although I was confused about the question and how we were approached about it at first, I learned real quick that we were being invited to smoke marijuana with some other employees and was told that if we needed "anything" that Jeremiah could "hook us up"!!! In other words, Jeremiah and 2 of his "favorite guys" could get us any drug we wanted. Needless to say, I'll never go back there nor will I buy from them ever again!!!

I did get the personal # of the owner of the co. but I was afraid to call after all I witnessed so please have his #...I hope it helps!   Chris Masilka 512-579-0464
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC