Complaint Review: JRK Flooring LLC

• Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: Grant — Parkville Missouri
JRK Flooring LLC
16002 Terry Ave Belton, Missouri United States of America

JRK Flooring LLC Justin Kelley Damaged trim while finishing my floor and will not fix Belton, Missouri

I hired JRK Flooring to refinish and install some hardwood floors. During the process JRK Flooring replaced some base shoe and told me the base shoe that was not going to be replaced would be nicked up and I would need to touch up with paint. After JRK Flooring was "finished", my painters came in to touch up. The painters informed me that JRK Flooring had ruined the base shoe by putting a gauge along the floor. I immediately called Justin Kelley and informed him of the issue. Mr. Kelley told me that this was normal procedure to put a gauge along the base shoe and that any good painter should be able to fix it. Justin said that I should put a bead of caulk between the base shoe and the hardwood floor then paint it.

I called several flooring companies and asked several other people in the industry about this. I showed pictures to several of these people and ALL the people advised me that JRK Flooring messed up and got too close to the wall with the sander. [continued below]....
..... Everyone I have talked to said JRK Flooring needs to fix the damaged base shoe and this is not acceptable. People actually laughed when I told them about putting the bead of caulk between the base shoe and hardwood. Several people told me the same thing, it would look terrible and it would crack out.

I had already paid JRK Flooring for the job so I have no recourse except to inform the public. I told JRK Flooring that I was unhappy with the job and I wanted my final payment back until the job was fixed correctly. After Justin Kelley told me "no" several times I told him I was going to write reviews about his company. JRK Flooring hired a law firm to send me a Cease and Desist letter. The letter also stated they were going to sue me for slander and extorsion. No kidding, I'm not joking.

Please review my pictures.

Please review my pictures. I have had painters try to mask the damage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JRK-Flooring-LLC/Belton-Missouri-64012/JRK-Flooring-LLC-Justin-Kelley-Damaged-trim-while-finishing-my-floor-and-will-not-fix-Belt-1042293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JRK Flooring LLC