Complaint Review: Jack McMahon Lawyer

• Updated: Tue, March 22, 2011

• Reported By: TheTruth — Downingtown Pennsylvania United States of America
Jack McMahon Lawyer
1500 Walnut St. Suite 1100 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Jack McMahon Lawyer Jack McMahon "collected" 30,000 from my Cousin and did nothing in return; Civil Complaint Filed #10-3629 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Im A Victim Too!

*Consumer Comment: Question

Jack McMahon is an unethical attorney.  He "collected" nearly $30,000 of our family's hard earned money to represent my Cousin in court.  He made many promises of what he could do and how he knew many of the involved parties and could work out a fair plea bargain.  Not only did he not come through on anything he said, he didn't even come!

That's right; Mr. McMahon did not show up to court on numerous occassions.  When we called his office we could never get in contact with him.  He basically ignored our calls and did nothing.  We were left with no funds to find another attorney so we had to settle for a public defender.  The public defender was so busy he accepted an unfavorable plea bargain which resulted in a sentence that does not fit the crime.  We are in the process of appealing the sentence.

I'm sure our family is not the only one in this situation. [continued below]....

.....  We have filed a Civil Complaint in Philadelphia Federal Courts.  The number is 10-3629.  If you are in a similar situation please get involved with this case and file your complaint.  Jack McMahon's inaction cost us a close member of the family.  Inaction affects entire familes- don't let him get away with it!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jack-McMahon-Lawyer/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19102/Jack-McMahon-Lawyer-Jack-McMahon-collected-30000-from-my-Cousin-and-did-nothing-in-ret-628781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jack McMahon Lawyer

Im A Victim Too!

AUTHOR: Anthony - (United States of America)

I can totally agree with everything that you mentioned in your report. Jack is a greedy bloodsucking leech who did almost exactly everything that was done to your cousin. Fortunatly I was blessed to get away from him before he could get me convicted.

However not before he took my $5000.00 and did nothing. All postponements with the lies attached blaming it on the D.A., but too bad they invented the online court docket sheet where I uncovered his lies later due to the fact that I was incarcerated and my family didnt know better.

I would like to get in on the lawsuit so if anyone can supply me with the necessary information I would appreciate it and follow through because so far the disiplinary board seems to want you to be a lawyer in order to complain against one.

Thanks for the ear and I wish you all the luck in helping your loved one come through this disaster McMahon created.

Question

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

What did you cousin do to entail $30,000 in legal fees? I have a feeling that there is more to the story than reported