Dolores

Complaint Review: Jimmy Swaggart Ministries

• Submitted: Thu, April 05, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: TasteandSee.. — Sunnyside Washington U.S.A.
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries
8919 World Ministries Ave Baton Rouge, Louisiana United States of America

Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Donnie Swaggart Fraud, Scam, Swindlers, Hypocrits Baton Rouge, Louisiana

*General Comment: Jimmy Swaggart Ripoff/Scams

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Regarding Jsm

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: JSM

*Consumer Comment: I Have Purchased Jimmy Swaggert Products For Over 47 Years

*General Comment: GOOD CHRISTIAN MINISTRY

*General Comment: I agree.

*Consumer Comment: I agree to some extent

*General Comment: It's Gods Money.

*Consumer Comment: Jimmy Swaggart Scandal

*Consumer Comment: Amazing... Truely Amazing

*Author of original report: "Not every pastor" is so deceitfully criminal

*Consumer Comment: Don't paint all TV preachers like that

*Consumer Comment: Ridiculous

JSM (Jimmy Swaggart Ministries), Jimmy Swaggart and Donnie Swaggart scam hundreds of millions of unwitting well intentioned folks who identify as Christian, in almost everything they do! Put aside (for the moment) the individual "sins" of Jimmy's little perverted sexual scandals..put aside (for the moment) Donnie's little pompous ignorance... For now, lets just talk about them taking good peoples money and failing to deliver goods purchased on their show. My parents are but ONE example.

They made their "donation" (required to obtain a book that ole "brother" Jimmy was pumpin) only to have them not send it. My parents are well intentioned and weren't going to say anything about it. I called jsm repeatedly and sent several letters attempting to get them to provide the books..all to no avail. If ANYONE you care about is considering doing business with JSM or making donations to them... simply research all of the lawsuits and scams that follow jimmy around! See what he does with all of those donated widows' mites. In his peak, he has been proven to have misallocated funds for his own mansions, private jets etc... Yeah..like Im sure Jesus would have had a Gulfstream if they around back then... ...but I digress!

I would hate for anyone to think that swindling my parents is the primary reason I write this. After the  money grab, I tuned into one of their broadcasts. I used to watch Jimmy as a kid. I always knew he was a judgemental money grabbing guy with great acting skills..., but I thought he likely believed much of what he said. When jimmys little run ins with his perverted little whores was made public, and he goes back into actor mode and gets all teared up asking for forgiveness...I assumed that any future broadcasts (if there were to be any) would be a bit more humbled..a bit more Christ like.

So imagine my surprise when I tuned in to see him and his little donnie making such claims of ignorance about others faiths, creating "problems" with anyones understanding of the bible..other than his and then pumping more of his worthless garbage for "donations". He pumps their fake claims to have a patent on the cross of Jesus Christ...and of even knowing what musical instruments please God. He actually said that "you dont have a choice in who your preacher is"... then little Donnie gets up and tells us what kind of musical instruments God likes...and little Donnie knows..just ask him!!

Someone sent him an e mail claiming that God can be praised with guitars and drums and rock music. Little Donnie gets all studly..looks close into the camera and says that the writer should have the guts to put his name on such a letter... Well, I DID send him more letters and gave him my name and contact info and the guy didnt have the stones to even respond! These folks are as ignorant and hypocritical as they get! Believe in God but dont trust these folks with your money and dont waste your time getting pulled in by them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2012 04:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jimmy-Swaggart-Ministries/Baton-Rouge-Louisiana-70810/Jimmy-Swaggart-Ministries-Donnie-Swaggart-Fraud-Scam-Swindlers-Hypocrits-Baton-Rouge-864182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jimmy Swaggart Ministries

#1 General Comment

Jimmy Swaggart Ripoff/Scams

AUTHOR: Born Again via The Blood of the Lamb - ()

I would like to say to all the negative comments about Jimmy Swaggart Ministries and how they go about keeping their God give ministry on the air. Everything in this world you do has to be paid for. Why do you keep bringing up his past. Focus on the Message, not the messenger`This ministry is truly preaching the Word of God, which is Christ and Christ crucified. That is why you keep tuning in, you're trying to find fault and excuses and you can't because you know what they're preaching is the true word of God. You are so worried about them asking for money. You seem just to be a tight wad that does not like to contribute to the work of the Lord. It's not your money, their money, it's Gods money. When you don't support Gods workers, you're telling the Lord that you don't owe him anything. They should not have to ask for money if the owners of these cable netowrks had love for God, but they as everyone and everything else have to pay for any kind of services in this wold. If God has forgiven and forgot his past, it is not important nor does it matter what you bring to rememberance. I pray for and support this ministry . If you don't like what they stand for which is the message of the cross, then you have a remote maybe, and a tv that has the ability for the channel to be changed. And you can change it to another preaching channel. Bottom line is they all ask for money to stay on the air. People should be thankful that thier is tv ministry. But beware of false prophets as there are many of them on tv, but not Sonlife Broadcasting Network. It's like going to Bible College for FREE!!!```

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Regarding Jsm

AUTHOR: Donna - ()

If you find it is hard for you to get so over excited regarding any ministry just don't watch.

When one gives of their time, money etc remember you are giving from your heart and leave it there.

If you get all worked up it will eat you uo.Jesus knows our intentions, so if any church, or leaders abuse any thing of evil intentions, just trust the Lord to they that abuse.

God Bless and be bless

Donna C

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

JSM

AUTHOR: R.K. Sprau - ()

What I find interesting is the comment Christians aren't fools.  I've been in as a minister in the AG's for around 30 years.  It is one of the world worst kept secrets.  Christians will believe anything from the man behind the pulpit. I know for I've been there and I'm guilty of it. Christians believe we are Gods chosen so we can never be wrong, never question us, we are the ultimate authority. When you surrender your freewill over to your pastor, well you are what you said. No one actually studies the bible so no one will dare call us on anything.

I Have Purchased Jimmy Swaggert Products For Over 47 Years

AUTHOR: PICTUREMAN - ()

I started purchasing Jimmy Swaggert Albums in 1965. I purchased his Expositors Bible just 2 months ago.In all these 47 years I have not had a problem with a single purchase. Just last week my neighbor's Son who is serving time in prison, was saved through the Jimmy Swaggert telecast. He wrote and asked for a Bible. Jimmy Swaggart personally autographed one and sent it to him totally free.

Since I have never lived a life of perfection, I do not feel qualified to criticise and condemn someone who has done a lot more for God's work than I have. It is a great honor to read comments from someone like yourself who is so Holy and Righteous that you are qualified to admonish us poor ignorant individuals who are less fortunate than you to possess your great wisdom.

I have been saved for 65 years, graduated from America's oldest Pentecostal Bible College with a Bachelors Degree, Evangelized, Built Churches and Supported Mission Works arround the World, but God has not seen fit to bless me with the great wisdom that He has imparted to you.

Perhaps you can pray for me that the Good Lord will grant me the power to live a life of perfection, as I am sure you have, and impart to me the tremendous wisdom that you seem to think you possess.

#5 General Comment

GOOD CHRISTIAN MINISTRY

AUTHOR: GORDO375 - (United States of America)

1. As a Born-Again Christian for over 35 years your article is foolishness. There is not a soul alive that at anytime has to do the following.

2. LISTEN  ot WATCH  any programming form SBN-Jimmy Swaggart or Donnie Swaggart.

3. Never have to purchase or buy any music CDs or DVDS or books or anything from this miniostry

4. NEVER donate a dime to the Swaggart Ministries.

So now you have all of hte above choices what is still the problem. I have been following this Christian Ministry for over 30 years now not the man called Jimmy Swaggart. That is why when we choose to follow a man or a preacher instead of Jesus you lose sight of Gods mission. There a few if any good Christian ministries that are "PREACHING THE CROSS" message. Without that message "SHUT THE CHURCH DOORS" . Please stop wasting the good Christians that fill up our churches each and every Sunday. We as Christians are not stupid as you suggest and most of the preachers on televison also pastor churches as well.  Not all of them I agree with and choose not to watch them again my choice to do so.  I truly enjoy listening to all the Swaggarts preach Jimmy, Donnie and Gabriel and especially enjoy Jimmy Swaggart at the piano. Just allow your heart to open and you also can receive from this ministry. Just look how God is using this ministry. Television programing now available to over 100 million viewers. Yes sir God is alive and well and surely you have a depressed heart and take some time to look in the mirror at yourselves and your personal lives??? Is God happy with the way you live?? Are you ready to meet the Lord in the air?? Probably don''t understand that last statement?? Prayer is the key here and you need a lot of prayer. You can continue to look for that perfect church or that perfect preacher or pastor but your wasting your time. Preachers, Pastors and Evangelists as well as every Born- Again Christian can fall at anytime and we need to be aware of that as Christians we are in the restoration business not the judgement and condemnation business.

#6 General Comment

I agree.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (USA)

But the answer to this is very simple, if they are not on the up and up, it is up to you to move on. Don't have any dealings with them, go to a different church. Whatever it takes, if they are false they will be revealed just by people moving on. But don't let them blur your walk with Jesus, it is not worth it.

Again, God Bless.

I agree to some extent

AUTHOR: mbia - (United States of America)

I agree with you to some extent as to it is none of mine or anyone else's business what he does with his money.  But I do have a problem when they claim to be living like "Jesus" but yet don't back to our community.  I realize you can't help everyone and there are many monsters that live in our society today that will take advantage of the system and not care - but there are truly people here that need help.  My point really is that I wish that people would act more like Jesus and give back - I lost my job when I was pregnant 2 years ago - I went to the church that I had been attending for quite some time - they had just built a billion dollar empire with fountains and chandeliers - (which again is fine - I can't spend your money) but to tell me I am going to hell and send me on my way because my husband is of a different religious belief was outright insulting.

Donnie has also on many occasions said we don't do community events and give anything away anymore - and made very racial inferences regarding the black community in how "they" bring their mommas and baby mommas and take take take - even talking in an African dialect - that is insulting, and Jesus wouldn't do that.  I do also have a problem when he breaks out into his false crying and his outright fake speaking in tongues.  The whole group of them are haughty self righteous bigots and only care about themselves and their money.  Donnie being the worst of them.  They are mean and outright rude to the callers - it's not so much that I have a problem with how they spend their money - I have a problem with how they go about preying on the elderly and those who are in a bad time in their life - Jesus would never had preyed on these people making them feel guilty.

I just hope that one day God will reveal the wolf in sheep's clothing that this ministry is.  I am very saddened by how they treat people and how they viciously attack other religious beliefs.  Jesus was born, lived, and died a Jew - he did not viciously attack the gentiles or any group of people.

#8 General Comment

It's Gods Money.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (USA)

He is just checking to see what you are going to do with it.

If someone on the street ask for the price of a cup of coffee, do you avoid them and justify it by saying they will just go get some drugs or maybe wine or a beer. That is not your concern friend, it is our responsibilty to take care of our brothers and sisters. Once you have given the rest is up to God, I would wonder how many of us has walked right past Jesus .

As with JSM, it is not our concern what they do with the money once we have sent it, it is only our intent that Jesus is interested in. Mr Swagart can live in a 100 milliom dollar mansion, that is also not our concern, that is between him and Jesus.

As far as the original comment, I don't know what is going on there, something isn't right for sure.It just so happens that I had a pastor come to my house today and he had a Bible from JSM and I'm sure they didn't just give it to him.

But if you don't want to give, don't give, and if every time you are going to worry about what they are going to do with it, you probably shouldn't give, because it is all about intent. God don't need your money.

God Bless all.

Jimmy Swaggart Scandal

AUTHOR: mbia - (United States of America)

I don't really know why I subject myself to listening to these slanderous lying bigots on JSM but for some reason I can't stop tuning in.  After seeing the initial rebuttal and reading the threads I see that other people feel the same way I do.  I just can't see how so many people are sucked into his begging and pleading for money and his outright lies about the bible.  Years ago when Jimmy was caught with his prostitute in California, he stated he lived in a "modest" 2 bedroom home - well he was right about it being 2 bedrooms but its no where near modest - being as though I am in his backyard many people talk and just so everyone knows his closet is the size of a "modest" home.

I wish there was a way in which I could remove him from this on air broadcast and him stealing all this naive people's money - it is truly disheartening.  This morning I really have had enough - now he's begged for the money for the generators he begged for the new equipment for the outdated and broken sound system that cost half a million dollars, and he begs month after month for the "share-a-thon" or I like to say "steal a thon" but today oooohhh today was the straw that broke the camels back - he seriously got on his prerecorded message and says that his goal is to fulfill what Jesus Christ set out to do and reach all nations with the work of the lord - (ok thats fine) then he continues that he must make another room for the equipment needed as they have expanded - he then goes on to say how expensive the ministry is and that they can't afford new equipment but they desperately need this to fulfill prophecy and need you to help because they can't afford this equipment alone and that you need to find it in your hearts to support the ministry.  They only need 1.5 million dollars from you to pay for this equipment - and the best part is they already ordered it!! And now they must pay for it - and since they at JSM can't pay for it because they have to pay payroll and airtime they need you the listener to pay - and as a prize for your payment - they will even throw in a free book written by yours truly JIMMY SWAGGART! Seriously??!!! Unfreaking believable! How can they get away with this? I was so sick after hearing this today!! If anyone knows of anyway to help stop these greedy bigots let me know! My 90 year old grandfather has been sucked into the jimmy swaggart abyss and takes the little bit of money he has and gives it to this monster!

Amazing... Truely Amazing

AUTHOR: babyblue - (United States of America)

This is not a rebuttal but it is a comment and observation.  I have found that no matter how few or many times you "tune" into Jimmy Swaggerts television station JSM, especially his show, they are constantly asking for money  Its either somethings going to break(or already has) or they must get their message to the rest of the world etc....  So many of his viewers are widows, widowers, just down and out people that are living on fixed incomes.  They are barely scraping by-keeping a roof over their head-eating once a day etc.  They have no money  They have tuned him in to try to find some hope  They then end up getting guilted into sending in a donation  I just do not think this is how the Lord (that I thank and praise) intended things to be.  I also tuned into a religious radio station the other day(while in the car) and the FIRST thing I heard= Please send us money(and they make sure you know its tax deductible) because our building needs something done to it.  I am sorry I am SO tired of these people begging for the all mighty buck.  I  would LOVE to know what these so called Reverends, ministers etc. salarys, net worth etc. are...  Would like to see how and where they live.  How many vacatipns THEY take a year etc. etc...  I bet we could guarantee their lifestyle its a WHOLE lot better than these poor widows and widowers that they prey upon.

"Not every pastor" is so deceitfully criminal

AUTHOR: Lookoutlou - (U.S.A.)

My initial report isn't about "any" random or "every" minister... Its about the wretched cowards that "brother" jimmy and his son little donnie are. Its about how they try to claim a monopoly on the cross! Its about how they systemically take well intentioned peoples money and use it for their own worldly pleasures and misappropriate it. Its about trying to post some facts for discerning individuals whose only source for information is in watching JSM or "sonlife"... I posted my experience and I strongly encourage people to do their research if they are even THINKING of giving these hucksters a penny! They are rotten to the core! They are cowardly punks! Search the web and see how they treat people who have given their whole lives to them.

Want a real funny experience? Ignore all of their documented lifelong history of hypocrisy and focus on their attempt to blame his hiring hookers on the followers who failed to protect him in prayer... SERIOUSLY..THATS WHAT HE DID! If you want to counter the laughter... Watch little donnie in recent days, tell us that he knows what music God likes and what music He hates. What arrogance! What ignorance! If thats not enough... look at how hard these folks try to make a buck on selling the bible done THEIR way... You'll note that jimmy's words are written in read. Funny, that many bibles I've seen have the red words used on The One who died on that cross jimmy is trying to claim a patent on.... Well jimmy & donnie..., Im glad that on this Good Friday, it is Christ who is being worshipped around the world by His followers...inspite of your attempts to make it all about you! It hasnt yet dawned on them that Jesus wasn't very fond of the organized religions of His day!
..and I doubt He is real happy with your attempts to distort his message. It won't work and is DANGEROUSLY close to committing that one sin the bible says won't be forgiven... but thats not for me to call. I just want others to be warned and not give these people a dime without dooing their homework!

Don't paint all TV preachers like that

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Not every pastor who takes to the airwaves at a certain point is a crook looking to con people.

A lot of preachers on TV, especially local stations, are simply looking to extend their reach beyond those who can make it to their brick and mortar service locations.

And there's nothing wrong with truly honest donation requests. All church buildings need money to pay for maintenance. Growing congregations, or those looking to grow, need expansion funds.

Those already engaged in media technology to extend their reach via TV, remote video feeds or internet, need funds to deal with that technology.

Ridiculous

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Please be aware that all televangelists are scam artists and are after only one thing, money.  Surely you are aware of that.

I am not religious at all but if you feel some uncontrollable desire to give money to a church, why wouldn't you donate to a small local church that's trying to to good and help people in your own community.  Televangelists only help themselves, no one else.