Complaint Review: John Christner Trucking

• Submitted: Sun, August 19, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By: David — Beaverton Oregon U.S.A.
John Christner Trucking
19007 W Hwy 33 Internet United States of America

John Christner Trucking JCT Never lease with this company as long as BA and JM are there. Scam Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: John Mallory is a A$%#$%$%LE

*Author of original report: New Information

WARNING TO ALL: TRUCK LEASE SCAM

First, my time at John Christner Trucking has been cut short. This was due to situations out of my control as well as the following.

1. I was "terminated" today by John Mallory of JCT. This was brought about by my driver manager, Brock Abbey. My experience with Brock was a nightmare and a blueprint for disaster. I really should have listened to other drivers who had had Brock as their driver manager before. I was told he was a "jerk" and had major communication issues with his drivers. Another detriment to working with Brock was his "God" mentality that he tossed about with the drivers on his board.

2. I asked a few different times for a different driver manger so that I could be successful with the Lease Purchase program at JCT. However, talking with David O'steen II, Brock's supervisor, was like talking with a jar of peanut butter, but not sweet at all. [continued below]....
..... I was denied another driver manager, period, and told I had to work with Brock. I even told Brock I wanted another driver manger, but all he told me was that no one else would want to work with a driver who had "issues" with him.

3. At JCT, we were supposedly independent contractors. I can tell you 100% truthfully that you are not. You are a glorified employee of JCT who just happens to have to pay for weekly truck payments, your own fuel and associated operating costs. I plan on speaking with the IRS about this matter as JCT, in my opinion, fails the IC rule of the IRS Code. I believe that the IRS will find JCT to be an employer, subject to employment taxes, as well as years and years of past employment taxes that were not paid to the government. In addition, I feel that JCT will have to refund ALL truck payments, fuel and associated costs back to the drivers, who were in my opinion, employees of JCT. I've developed some strong arguments for this position.

4. I was denied the ability to talk to anyone about this matter, enter into arbitration or mediation and was forced to leave the truck that I had been leasing/buying from the company. These are legal matters for another time.

5. There were a few GOOD people at JCT, within the office staff, that were truly nice to work with and represented Mr. Christner and his company in a positive manner and attitude. To those few, I list them here and say good karma should befall them.

1. Laura Watkins
2. Kim Fitzpatrick
3. Joanna Gentry
4. The breakdown department
5. Javada Walker
6. Belinda Walker

6. There were a few BAD apples at JCT, within the office staff, that were truly horrible to work with and didn't have the best interest of Mr. Christner and his company. To those few, especially BROCK ABBEY, I list them here and say that bad karma should befall them.

1. BROCK ABBEY
2. John Mallory
3. David O'steen II

Yes, there was more good than bad, but as they say, it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the pie. If Mr. Christner was smart, he would get rid of these employees as they are bringing his company down.

7. The load issues: One of John Christner's largest customers is TYSON/IBP. The main issue with TYSON/IBP is the fact that they often take forever to load a trailer. Even if they are LATE getting your trailer (or pre-loaded trailer) done, JCT, or maybe it was just my driver manager, Brock Abbey, they won't reschedule the delivery appointments, EVEN if you tell them each day that you probably won't make it on time. Myself, I put all of my comments about loads/times/eta's on the Qualcomm, just so I'm covered. Brock, in my opinion, is just LAZY and incompetent to be a driver manager. Whether this is true or not, I don't know...but I've been told by people in the know that Brock has moved around from dept to dept. He is difficult at best to work with, and I still advise JCT to terminate him.

8. Good luck to anyone going to JCT. IF they clean up their act, IF Mr. Christner cleans house, it would be a good company to work for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Christner-Trucking/internet/John-Christner-Trucking-JCT-Never-lease-with-this-company-as-long-as-BA-and-JM-are-there-929571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Christner Trucking

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

John Mallory is a A$%#$%$%LE

AUTHOR: tmrolln - (United States of America)

He telling the truth!! Laura is John's sister in law!!  John lives in Florida. Stay away. Running them in/out. Want you to buy a new truck, older ones they will take right from under you!!

New Information

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Ok, I've had it with JCT and the children they have working there. All I'm posting here is to be considered my opinion on the matter for now. I've spoken with Shannon numerous times about the staff at JCT not doing what they are supposed to be doing. I've also spoken to Mr. John Christner on the phone myself. I think he's a pompous arse and a fraud. Yes, he has built JCT up to a very large and profitable company, but on the backs of hard working American drivers who are lured in with false advertising, lies, the thought and hope of the American dream and a well-formulated fraud network. I'm doing all I can to prove these matters with the Federal Government.

As I've stated before, Mr. Christner has built an empire by defrauding drivers for several years now. For one, he considers drivers to be "independent contractors" and as such expects all of his bills for running that "lease to own" truck to paid by the drivers. However, the drivers are really employees as far as the government is concerned according to the IC/Employee TESTS that have been developed. The primary focus is on CONTROL. WHO has control over when, how, how much, in what manner, etc. work is to be performed. JCT doesn't even "ALLOW" stickers, decals, YOUR company name if you have one, etc. "operated by abcdef trucking, etc." to be placed on their trucks. They want the appearance to their customers to be COMPANY, all the same. Now, other big name trucking companies have realized this and don't forbid the markings, they just charge you a fee to remove them if the time comes. JCT says no way, no how, period. CONTROL. THE only things YOU can control are where you fuel the truck and what route to take, period. I'm working hard to prove JCT is an employer.

John Christner has the mentality that IC's can be told when, how, where, etc. to do their contracted work. Even his wife, according to him has similar issues with the woman she "hired" as an IC to clean their home. She comes at 8 am, which is what his wife wants, but the cleaning woman, who is an IC, wants to come at 11 am instead. Mr. Christner told me that he told his wife, if they can't do what she wants, when she wants it, that she should just severe the relationship and move on to the next. THAT is exactly how he does it at JCT too. You don't do it all their way, you're "gone."

I'm disgusted with people like John Chrsitner who continue to make tons of money with this scam, avoid payroll taxes and have all of THEIR expenses met with IC's. It's just on paper, I don't believe it's legal.

Oh...and to customers of JCT like WALMART and TYSON, SHAME on you! Working with such a company that treats their employees this way. They are just as guilty by giving JCT and the white collar fraud scammers the money to continue brining in victims of their scheme.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC