Complaint Review: John Wardell Chesapeake Benefits Group CBGHelps.com

• Updated: Fri, April 11, 2014

• Reported By: BR — Arlington Texas
John Wardell Chesapeake Benefits Group CBGHelps.com
PO Box 790 Arnold, Maryland USA

John Wardell Chesapeake Benefits Group CBGHelps.com This guy claimed to work for the VA and charged my mom $500 for help she can get for free from the real VA Arnold Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Excellent Experience with John Wardell

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ???

I live out of state, my mom found this guy, John Wardell of Chesapeake Benefits Group who claimed to work for the VA and he said he would help her get Veterans benefits from the VA to pay for my Dad's care.  My Dad was in World War II.  He charged her $500 for his "advice".

His brilliant advice ended in a denial from the VA after a long wait and many letters back and forth with the VA.  We went back to Chesapeake Benefits Group for help and mysteriously the calls were not returned in any kind of timely manner and in the end all we heard was excuses.

I spoke with the Veterans Service Officer where I live and found out that John Wardell does not work for the VA, it is illegal for him to charge even $1.00 for assistance, and he gave my Mom and Dad bad advice about their finances to begin with.

I have checked around we should have either gone with a company that does not charge or gone to a county service officer who could have helped my family for FREE.

Beware - John Wardell is acting illegally by charging, he won't help if there is a problem, and he is not working on behalf of the Veterans Administration.  DO NOT PAY FOR ADVICE WITH VETERANS BENEFITS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2013 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Wardell-Chesapeake-Benefits-Group-CBGHelpscom/Arnold-Maryland-21012/John-Wardell-Chesapeake-Benefits-Group-CBGHelpscom-This-guy-claimed-to-work-for-the-VA-1061351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Wardell Chesapeake Benefits Group CBGHelps.com

Excellent Experience with John Wardell

AUTHOR: MReader - ()

John Wardell acted on my family's behalf to seek VA benefits for my mom, based on my dad's army experiences during WWII.  He was recommended by several highly regarded professionals in the "senior care" (health/legal) community where I live.

In contrast to the complaint noted above, I found him completely knowledgable, accessible, friendly, and supportive during the entire process.  He represented himself honestly and worked hard on our behalf.

We recently learned that the application made on behalf of my mom was approved and that VA benefits will start quite soon.  It took 7 months from the date of submission to the date of notification, which isn't bad (many report it taking a year or longer) - considering there was a government shut down during that time!

We are thrilled to have the benefits and tremendously indebted to John for all his hard work.  His fee was extraordinarily reasonable given all the hard work that he did on our behalf.  I have pretty high standards for myself and those around me - and I'm happy to say that John exceeded all of them!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

???

AUTHOR: CBG - ()

To Whom it May Concern:

We are very confused as to this report, as no one has advised anyone at CBG that a family was denied a claim.

There are two accredited claims agents with the VA that are on staff. At no point does anyone say that they work directly for the VA.

We would be more than happy to review any decision on any case that any family has submitted.