Complaint Review: Joyce Van Lines

Joyce Van Lines
11 Robinson Lane oxford, Connecticut United States of America

Joyce Van Lines awful move experience oxford, Connecticut

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ex Joyce Van Lines Employee

Joyce van lines promises great things. They tell you they have an incredible record - that the price will only go down from the estimate, and that they are an honest company. Well- that is all lies.

First of all they charged me double for my move. The fact that it was a hot day and the men took lot's of breaks doubled my move cost??? I think that is wrong. I supplied lots of food, water and a very a/c cooled home. I found the men hanging out in the basement many times.

5 pieces of furniture were broken badly. They do not want to pay for it- they had no problem billing me for insurance however!

3 pieces of furniture were also broken- but they did not bother to show me- they set it up damaged and hoped I would not notice. In one case they hide the broken chair in my basement. One is a toddlers room. They also said they hooked her dresser (which is 2 pieces) together- but it was not. They left it sitting dangerously- this could have killed my child had I not noticed it.

So far I have spent 4 months fighting with them both through my home owners insurance and credit card company.

This company is awful. Do not use them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2011 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joyce-Van-Lines/oxford-Connecticut-06478/Joyce-Van-Lines-awful-move-experience-oxford-Connecticut-802345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joyce Van Lines

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ex Joyce Van Lines Employee

AUTHOR: bmw236 - (United States of America)

Hi I am sorry to hear about your experience with joyce van lines. I worked Summer of 2011 for them as a mover/helper. I have worked with everyone from in the field to in the office. The management within the company were very quick to assist with any discrepancies anybody may have experienced throughout their move, and do whatever to correct the problems on all moves that i assisted in.

I am not defending the movers that you had as i was not there, however I can assure from being one who was lifting the boxes and furniture that breaks are almost a must in the industry to prevent serious injury.

I am sorry again to hear about  your experience, and i would assume that they have since done something to correct the issue!

Signed