Complaint Review: KIA Motors America

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: Willhix — Euclid Ohio United States of America
KIA Motors America
111 Peters Canyon Road Irvine, California United States of America

KIA Motors America Bad Transmission and Horrible Customer Support Irvine, California

*General Comment: Ford Won this one in court twice!

I just purchased a 2013 Kia Rio from Bedford KIA Bedford Ohio. Manual Six Speed Transmission has a rotational low frequency vibration that is exceptionally annoying and happens at between 60 and 70 in sixth gear only? Customer support has been horrible, and my dealer acts as though I am bothering them  because the issue is not acceptable as far as I am concerned. I am being told that they have recieved no complaints in a multi state area around Ohio, yet the dealer reports that similar or otherwise"like" vehicles "all" exibit the same vibration, alleging that the vibration is"normal"? As far as I am concerned, the support that I have gotten from my selling dealer and KIA Corporate had been pathetic, condescending and infuriating. New cars shoud not have vibrations in one gear out of six at a specific speen range. This smells alot like a design flaw to me. In essence, I am disapointed in the car, and more so with my dealer and KIA. [continued below]....
..... I absolutely regret my decision to purchase this car, and I have gotten zero support from either my dealer or KIA. Pathetic customer support. I would not recomend either my dealer or this 2013 KIA Rio at this point. No repair has been made and no replacement has been offered. I see no hope. I got completely screwed with this purchase. I dont believe KIA knows what is causing this, as evidenced by the fact that they have made absolutely no attempt to either fix the problem, or come up with any resolution. I am just completely upset and I have a sinking feeling that I am stuck with a vehicle that has a problem that the factory is unwilling or unable to correct. Years of payments for a car with a flaw. Unbelievable!

Buyer Beware!!! KIA does not back up its product and I do not believe that either my dealer, KIA of Bedford Ohio, or KIA Motors America values me as a customer. I have concerns as to whether I can have any confidence in the 2013 KIA Rio or the warranty. From what I have seen, I have zero confidence in the car or the warranty, and the dealer has only one concern....Just sell baby! Im in a fight with a giant. But I refuse to accept the car as it is. This is unaceptable. So fight them I will and I hope that this will dissuade others from making the mistake I did. I bought a KIA. Big mistake!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KIA-Motors-America/Irvine-California-92606/KIA-Motors-America-Bad-Transmission-and-Horrible-Customer-Support-Irvine-California-1005177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KIA Motors America

#1 General Comment

Ford Won this one in court twice!

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

Wow the good old days.

Ford built two little cars with the same problem as you have. The Pinto and The Mustang 2. And into the next generation of the Mustang / Capri "Fox Body" cars. (All four cylinder automatic cars)

They proved in court that the speed specific "Drone" at highway speed was not loud enough to be considered a fault. They also showed the court that the noise was present from 0 miles on the odmeter and that the problem would not shorten the life of the car.

So Kia has learned from the best.

Tell them that You didn't buy a Pinto you bought a KIA.

It won't help but you can laugh at them when they look confused.