Complaint Review: Karuna Chani

Karuna Chani
336 W. 37th Street, #870 New York, New York USA

Karuna Chani KC Makeup Worst Service and a Complete Scam New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: KC-Makeup Response to False Claims made by past client

Firstly, I would like to say that I was so excited to have Karuna Chani as my makeup artist for my wedding. She seemed like a great makeup artist and a professional. She seemed to be in trend and had great advice, which was very helpful because I'm an extremely busy person who didn't have much time planning my wedding. It was cool that she worked with well-known people in the industry. With that being said, I was eager to book her immediately. I was really shocked when she gave me an outrageous contract quote for over $1300 for one look for the wedding. I contacted a few other individuals who are great makeup artists and they told me that what she was charging was completely absurd. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to my friends and sent her my deposit along with the signed contract. And then came the drama.

Karuna is extremely rude. Her condescending tone on the phone and emails is enough to put anyone over the edge. She claims she is a professional, meanwhile she is extremely disrespectful. She is extremely greedy and continuously hiked up the prices for any little add-on for my event. I figured she was acting this way because she is more concerned with the business practices of her job, rather than actually helping people out. It was really clear that she was the greediest vendor that I had to work with. When it came time for the trial, I was taken aback at her lack of knowledge. She couldn't even do a "winged" eyeliner. My face was completely streaky with mismatched foundation. She did everything so quickly! I've gotten my makeup done at MAC Cosmetics so many times before and their services were a million times better than Karuna's. She claims to be such an awesome makeup artist, but she really has no idea what she's doing. At that point, I realized that her marketing technique really fooled me. She seemed like a great makeup artist but when it came time to prove herself during my trial, she completely failed.

I wanted to terminate my contract with her so badly. I cried about it because I had already given her 50% like she had asked. I really did not want to lose my money. She gave me such attitude and made me feel so bad when I asked her for the deposit back. She made it very clear that I would never get my deposit back. For this reason, I ended up sticking with her as my makeup artist for that day.

On the wedding day, she was so rude to my bridesmaids and me. She kicked everyone out of the room. She told me not to talk because it distracted her. Who acts like that towards a bride on her wedding day? I tried to hold it together but it was really hard. So this is where things got really bad...Karuna and the hair stylist asked for a break during my ceremony. I told her that the venue would bring them food since they were working all morning. She agreed that they would eat. I come back after my ceremony and there is all this food on the table, untouched! She comes back about ten minutes later and tells me that I owe her $100 for food. First of all, she agreed that she would eat the food from the venue. Second of all, what kind of a professional demands cash on the spot for food on the day of an event? Third of all, there was no proof of the food she had bought, no receipt. I was livid at this point. Had she been a nice person to me through out the entire process, I would have been fine to give her $100 for food (even though who spends $100 on food?). Angrily, I handed her $100 in cash because I had no choice! This happened during my wedding reception.

Overall, she made my wedding day a complete nightmare. She is such a rude person. And on top of that, her artistry skills do not live up to her marketing photos. What kind of makeup artist can't even do a winged liner? Not to mention it looked like I had no makeup on. There are so many other better artists out there! I realized later that she was using Beauty Apps to enhance the photos on her Facebook and Instagram. I was so upset. I thought she was going to be an amazing artist and it was going to be worth the ridiculous rates. But I was completely wrong!

And it gets worst, she told me I could rent a headpiece for $100. I went ahead and rented the headpiece. After the wedding, I get an email saying I owe her $150 for it. Could you only imagine how angry I was? This old lady kept ripping me off! Please don't fall for her marketing schemes. She is a terrible artist and is extremely greedy. On your wedding day, you should feel pampered. Karuna gave me such anxiety and kept taking my money. Please be careful!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2014 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Karuna-Chani/New-York-New-York/Karuna-Chani-KC-Makeup-Worst-Service-and-a-Complete-Scam-New-York-New-York-1165635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Karuna Chani

KC-Makeup Response to False Claims made by past client

AUTHOR: KCM - ()

KC-Makeup is shocked and deeply saddened by the false claims this past client has made. Providing impeccable beauty and hair services for brides, celebrities, high profile individuals and magazines for over 15 years, this is the first time a client has chosen to air their grievances online. We care about each of our clients, and do our best to meet their every needs, while being clear and firm in our business practices, policies and fees.

If you are a potential KC-Makeup client, and after reading this post you have any questions, please email karuna@kc-makeup.com where any concerns or questions that you have will be answered promptly.