Complaint Review: Ken Towery's

• Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012

• Reported By: Richard — Jeffersonville Indiana United States of America
Ken Towery's
4050 Cane Run Road Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Ken Towery's Tried to rip me off telling me I had a bad tie rod. Louisville, Kentucky

*Author of original report: Ken Towery made good on my complaint

I had an appointment to get my 2001 Dodge Caravan aligned at the Ken Towerys 4050 Cane Run Rd. store Friday, 10/19/2012 at 10:30.  The shop mechanic said it would take around 30-45 minutes to complete.  I went to grab some lunch when I received a phone call from the front desk technician indicating that my tie-rod was bad and it needed to be replaced before an alignment could be performed.  He said it would cost about $180.00 to complete the job including the alignment.  I was a bit puzzled because I just had replaced the struts and did not see any damaged or defective tie-rods.  I decided not to have the work performed and picked up the Van.  I took the Van home and pulled the front wheels off and inspected both tie rods only to find that both were in good shape.

I took the Van to the 710 E Lewis and Clark Pkwy (Clarksville) store with no mention of the tie-rods.  They completed the job without any mention and my Van was driving like new.

I feel that the Cane Run store was trying to rip me off and I dont appreciate their dishonesty.  Ive always trusted Ken
Towerys but this has been a real let-down.  How many other customers have been ripped off by this store in the past?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ken-Towerys/Louisville-Kentucky-40216/Ken-Towerys-Tried-to-rip-me-off-telling-me-I-had-a-bad-tie-rod-Louisville-Kentucky-958187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ken Towery's

Ken Towery made good on my complaint

AUTHOR: Richard - (United States of America)

After calling the Ken Towery main office about this incident, management promptly returned my call.  We scheduled an inspection for 10/27/12 at 7:30 a.m. at the Jeffersonville, Indiana store.

Upon inspection the drivers side tie-rod did have slight play which was deemed questionable.

Management arranged an immediate repair at no cost to me. They explained in detail how the tie rod plays an integral part in tire wear and alignment and even had me go out into the shop area to feel the difference in tire movement before and after the tie rod replacement.

They were very helpful and professional throughout the whole process.

I would have deleted this report but unfortunately was unable to do so.

Thanks Ken Towery for taking care of this.