Complaint Review: Kevin J Parsons

• Updated: Fri, November 18, 2016

• Reported By: Anonymous — Other
Kevin J Parsons
Hartebeestspruit Farm 1100 Internet South Africa

Kevin J. Parsons Tried To Scam My Company For Fake/Non-Existant Fees Belfast, Mpumalanga Internet

*Consumer Comment: Happy Customer of Kevin J. Parsons

This specific person is offering their writing and editing services online currently over at Freelancer.com.

I've been told by a few people now, after having this happen to me personally, that this person tries to swindle extra phony fees out of employers to basically scam them out of their money.

Now he's quite clever and will hide behind statements that suggest he's only doing it because that's how websites like Freelancer.com work, but the reality here is this:

He will tell you that you have to pay him for EVERYTHING, and then he will find ways to tack on extra fees, or all kinds of hidden costs. He tried to get me to forward him an extra 20% fee, which he said was 'outside' of the main project fee, and wanted me to front that to him before he did any work.

He then demanded that I pay a fee to see samples of his previous work and wanted to charge me a ridiculous fee per page, just to see the work he's already completed!

Honestly I have no idea if people are aware of the fact that this person is scamming them, or is unfairly tacking on fees, charges, and all kinds of prices that are beyond ridiculous!

I want to warn anybody who could potentially do business with this man, NOT TO! He will pull all the stops when it comes to demanding more money, for something that will end up costing you 2 to 3 TIMES the amount you normally would have paid!

Do NOT listen to this man if he tries to make excuses saying that this is normal, and that the websites he is on, require him to charge you upfront with these B. [continued below]....

.....S. excuses! Do NOT hire him, for this very reason!

If you find him on freelancer, here:

freelancer.com/u/kevinjparsons.html

You can also find him here:

facebook.com/parsons.kevinj

&

linkedin.com/pub/kevin-j-parsons/66/331/7a3

So, if you see this guy, messaging you, AVOID!

Never, EVER, allow somebody to demand that you pay them just to get started (on top of the actual project fee!), and never EVER pay somebody to see their work history, or samples from their past! Always look into the 'reasons' and rules somebody gives you for their payments, and don't blindly accept what they are saying until you have personally confirmed!

Unfortunately a few people have already hired this scam artist, and I am so afraid for any future employers who might consider this man, because he will take them on a wild joy ride for their money!

P.S. he speaks with BIG words, and talks grandly- but if you ask to see any of his work, he will try to charge you.

Here's an example of this 'stellar' work he claims to have done, which has a crappy review, to only further prove how ridiculous this person is!

amazon.com/review/R270FM7PAQWVO4

See the reviews? It's done by him! The public rated his review as crappy!

Who the heck reviews their own work!?

Again, this person will demand that you pay them all kinds of strange fees, before anything even happens. They do not let you adequately interview them or scope out their ablities beforehand, which is a HUGE red flag of one giant scam!

BE WARNED!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 08:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-J-Parsons/internet/Kevin-J-Parsons-Tried-To-Scam-My-Company-For-FakeNon-Existant-Fees-Belfast-Mpumalanga-1121313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin J Parsons

Happy Customer of Kevin J. Parsons

AUTHOR: Lisa Van Buren - (USA)

I have been working closely with Kevin now for a year and am so happy with his services that I have elected to become his business partner.  I had to put alot of trust in him because of both of us living in different countries. He is clever, indeed, and hides behind NOTHING!   I showed him my screenplay and he set forth immediately what it would cost to produce it and what he expected for payment.  It wasn't always easy paying the money, but anything worth having today costs money and I realize if I want to make my dreams come true, I must pay for that.  Kevin never asked for the exhorbitant amounts that most writers ask for and he always stays in touch on Skype and email.   His amounts were respectable and attainable and he always worked with me on the amounts keeping them small and manageable for me.  Maybe some people don't care that he is a Christian but for me it matters and I believe it has paid off.  With hard work and dedication, I truly believe I have projects that can come to light because of Kevin and his talents.  He is a married man and has a wonderful wife that helps him at his side day and night with his work so I am not a girlfriend sleeping with the boss here saying nice things.  This is real.  When reading these blogs, it is most important to know that there are two sides to every story and folks can and will say things when they feel they have been wronged.  I have learned alot about the entertainment business because of him.  He takes time to explain things very thoroughly.   The entertainment business is as cut throat as one might think, and I am glad I have Kevin on my team!  You will find that his reviews on Freelancer, where I found him, as well as the person who said negative things against him, which incidentally, is the only complaint found on him, considering that he's been in business for many many years now.  I came to Kevin after another writer abadoned me after I gave them $7500!  Kevin is no crook I asure you on that one.  He's the best as far as I am concerned.  Thank you for allowing me to express myself here.