Complaint Review: LA Furniture Store

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: Melissa — Babylon New York
LA Furniture Store
Los Angeles, California USA

LA Furniture Store LA Furniture Storewww.lafurniturestore.com DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY Los Angeles California

Please do not buy from this company if you do not want a daily headache or wake up with the stress of being screwed over. I purchased a table from this company in July 2013.  The table came in a timely matter but when it was delivered the drivers refused to stay for a full inspection we marked that on the delivery form.  When we were finally ready to sit down after 10 months of having no table the mechanism that allows it to extend was damaged.  And the only way to extend the table is to hold a metal piece at the risk getting your fingers smashed and visiting the ER.  My contractor cannot even repair it.  So here is why I am so upset;
     I have just spent the last 10 months of my life displaced from hurricane Sandy with a infant.  I have spent months fighting with insurance companies, mortgage companies, banks in order to move back into to my home.  I do not need to spend any more time emailing or calling companies I want to get back to my prior life.  The only thing I splurged on was this table it took me months to work up the courage to buy such an expensive table that was not in my budget.
     The company has left me in the dark and this is their last email to me almost a month latter:

Thank you for your email.
As per our policy, we are unable to send you a new table.

The mechanism on one side is defective and we are going to send you that part so you can replace.

We are waiting on the factory to respond regarding the table mechanism and we will order whatever part is necessary.

We understand that you've been waiting on a response but we don't have one as of right now.

I'll advise once we receive a response from the factory.

We apologize for all that you've encountered in the past months.

Thanks

Christina

So after purchasing this expensive table "they are going to send me a part so I can replace it" is this a joke?  There is been no offer to discount the table or any compensation what so ever.  I will continue to post daily how horrible this company is to counter act there posting of fake good reviews.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 06:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Furniture-Store/Los-Angeles-California/LA-Furniture-Store-LA-Furniture-Storewwwlafurniturestorecom-DO-NOT-EVER-BUY-FROM-THIS-C-1076331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Furniture Store