Complaint Review: LBF Travel Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, February 11, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, February 11, 2014

• Reported By: theo — Illinois
LBF Travel Inc.
4545 Murphy Canyon Road, Suite 210 San Diego, California USA

LBF Travel Inc. aka "Smartfares" Lied about credit card not processed and booked another reservation, now won't refund. San Diego California

I attempted to purchase tickets for a trip for 2 people. Two days later, I received a call from LBF saying that my purchase didn't go through because of a glitch in their system. The agent offered to helped me purchase another itinerary over the phone. I did so, and went on my trip with my daughter.

When I came back, my credit card bill showed that the purchase that "didn't go through" in reality did go through. So I was stuck paying for 2 sets of tickets for 1 trip. I called LBF travel multiple times, but was unable to resolve the problem. (I was hung up on, transferred and had my call dropped, promised a call back but never received a call, was told their system did not show both sets of itinierary, you name it, it happened to me). Finally, I contacted my credit card company, but at this point, it had already passed the 3 months period where the credit card company could do anything (my trip was a long one, and I wasted time trying to resolve it with the travel agency).

So here I am, not only charged for an extra set of tickets, but also charged over $1500 for agent fees for the first set of tickets that I was told did not go through. I've filed a complaint with BBB, and called all the airlines involved. Figured I'd come here and post my situation as a warning to anyone thinking of using LBF travel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LBF-Travel-Inc/San-Diego-California/LBF-Travel-Inc-aka-Smartfares-Lied-about-credit-card-not-processed-and-booked-another-1122773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LBF Travel Inc.