- Report: #843270
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Law Office of Robert E. Judge
Law Office of Robert E. Judge44 Court Street Suite 1206 Brooklyn, New York United States of America
Law Office of Robert E. Judge Robert E. Judge Collection Lawyer Engaging in Obtaining "Default Judgements" By Not Serving Victims With Notices Brooklyn , New York
Second advice: Write a letter to the collection agency. Robert E. Judge is just a collector under the disguise of an attorney. According to law if you "write a letter to the collector requesting proof of the original debt, he is not allowed to contact you again until he has provided proof. Do not be pressured into making any payments until you have received proof of the original debt. When you receive proof and are satisfied that the debt is valid, decide the best way to pay it."
"Tell the collector in writing (verbal requests have no legal weight) to immediately cease contact about the alleged debt. Your letter will act as a Cease and Desist Order" SENT IT CERTIFIED MAIL RETURNED RECEIPT REQUESTED OR they can lie and say they never received the letter --- make sure you have proof that you sent it because they will not get away with lies if you have proof of mailing.
Simply write" This is a request to to cease further communication in regards to this matter. Your account of my alleged debt is inaccurate. Any communication what is legally allowed is a violation of the law."
If a Robert E. Judge or anyone like him tries to contact you after this with anything that is not allowed by law-----------FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
Here are some key laws I just read that are a violation of the law:
1. The is strong anti-harassment protection in this country
2. It covers debt collectors and companies in house collection departments so they are not allowed to harass you.
3. Against the law to engage in acts of violence, threats of violence or obscene language
4. Making threats to garnish your wages is against the law unless the seizure is lawful and they have a court order
5. Calling a debtor before 8 am or after 9 pm is against the law or calling more than twice a week is against the law.
6. Advertising the debt or REVEALING THE DEBT TO ANOTHER PERSON IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!
THAT IS WHAT ROBERT JUDGE'S OFFICE DID TO ME!!!! IT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!! IF HE DOES THIS TO YOU --- PLEASE REPORT HIM TO THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS OR THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION (FT) OR CALL 311 TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE DCA OR GO ON ON LINE TO www.nyc.gov/consumers
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Office-of-Robert-E-Judge/Brooklyn-New-York-11201/Law-Office-of-Robert-E-Judge-Robert-E-Judge-Collection-Lawyer-Engaging-in-Obtaining-Def-843270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.