Complaint Review: Law Offices of Joy Dhokia, ESQ

• Updated: Mon, July 01, 2013

• Reported By: vsr — California
Law Offices of Joy Dhokia, ESQ
17772 Irvine Blvd.Suite 206 Tustin, California USA

Law Offices of Joy Dhokia, ESQ Gross Negligence, Rude & unprofessional communication to client (verbal and email), Incompetence, failure to communicate critical information, lack of knowledge of basic immigration rules Tustin California

*Consumer Comment: A bit different

My prospective employer hired her for H1B Visa petition this year. Believe it or not, USCIS (Immigration Service) rejected my petition because she had filed my case at the wrong USCIS service center. To point out other glaring mistakes, she filed my petition in the wrong category; her entries were wrong in the Labor condition application, misspelled my petitioner’s name, entered my passport number incorrectly in the H1B data collection form and submitted as is.

She is downright rude and unprofessional. She did not bother to let my employer know that my petition was rejected and returned to her office. We understood only after we decided to reach out to USCIS directly and realized that my petition was rejected and returned to the attorney’s 3 weeks ago. All she cares about is your money and she will leave you in the dark once you pay her legal fee. She will withhold any and all information that you are entitled to as a client. She filed my H1B petition and would not provide any evidence of timely filing or USPS/FedEx tracking number until 45 days later and that too only after constant intervention. She is incompetency personified and grossly negligent.

As mentioned, my case was filed in the wrong (general) category as opposed to the advanced degree category that I qualify for. The attorney’s office had no idea that the advanced degree petition qualifies for lotteries in both categories. The attorney office maintained that the lottery was for one or the other category only and that I had a better chance counting against the general category cap of 65,000. This is completely untrue when the lottery is held in both categories (Reference USCIS website -

What's more, the attorney was not aware that her assistant had filed my case in the general category until we brought this to her attention. The H1B filing category is a basic rule that all immigration attorneys are expected to know which was unfortunately not the case here.

Upon my first rejection, the attorney claimed that she redirected my original petition  to the correct service center. The resubmitted application that was returned to our office, once again originated from the same service center. This entirely discounts her claim about redirecting the application to the “correct USCIS Office” according to her..
She claimed to have included a detailed cover letter to the correct USCIS office in hope it would quickly rectify the problem. But no evidence of any such explanation was found in the returned application. USCIS treated this as a new application submitted past due date and promptly returned it to our office. We are fortunate that the second rejection reached our main office directly so now we know the exact outcome of his petition. Then she had the audacity to send my prospective employer an additional invoice for "redirecting the application" for her gross negligence and a mistake committed by her.

After the rejection notices, we sent her a final email pointing out her filing errors and failures to communicate information to us. Her response was indignant; she refused to acknowledge any mistake on her part.

She undermines the profession of immigration law.

She is very disrespectful and the state must prevent her from practicing to be honest. Do not hire her. You are better off on your own.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 11:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-of-Joy-Dhokia-ESQ/Tustin-California-92780/Law-Offices-of-Joy-Dhokia-ESQ-Gross-Negligence-Rude-unprofessional-communication-to-c-1063732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices of Joy Dhokia, ESQ

A bit different

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I believe the faulty is from their system, not from personal in a branch. Their system allows withdrawal from an account without checking whether the account has been closed. To me, I still see that you may owe them $200 which was set to an automatic payment. If you think you are not responsible, you may need to start your litigation toward the bank now before things get worse; otherwise, your credit will be marked from this situation.