Complaint Review: Lend Up

Lend Up
PO Box: 584 Castro St #442 San Francisco, California United States of America

Lend Up Flurish, Inc Misleading information San Francisco, California

*Consumer Comment: boog42000

*Author of original report: Follow up to original report.

*General Comment: This is not a report from me

To quote from their site "One of our core values is that every product we offer at LendUp is a ladder, measured by the long-term financial wellbeing of our customers. LendUp loans are a stepping-stone towards better credit, and all the roducts we offer are in service of commitment to getting our customers to a better financial state." The fact is they do not report to credit bureaus at this time and they are not approved to do so. If you are applying to build up your credit score save your money and time. Also beware that right after I applied for the loan I was spammed by several companies wanting to give me loans. I also noticed in another Report: #951633 they had their information misused after applying for a loan.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2013 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lend-Up/San-Francisco-California-95361/Lend-Up-Flurish-Inc-Misleading-information-San-Francisco-California-1014948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lend Up

boog42000

AUTHOR: Anthony woody - ()

this is a sad day not only did your company screw me and three children over .my car blew up and I have no more money in my bank cause you clowns had me use it to buy a green dot card with promises that my loan was gonna be there in my bank which by the way never happened cause .when it came time for your company to do what was l.promised they all of a sudden. Needed 300 more before i could get the loan so yes your company is totally bogus and none of this is a lie I have witnesses and recored all of it so thanks for ripping my three children off

Follow up to original report.

AUTHOR: Striker64 - (United States of America)

I have requested Ripoff to remove my report until it is removed I wanted this posted so it is clear why I want it removed. How a company responds to a complaint says a lot and this was sent to me via email as a response from my complaint.

My name is Sasha Orloff and I am the CEO and Cofounder of LendUp.    First I want to apologize for any confusion you might have regarding how LendUp works.  We pride ourselves of being the most
transparent, socially responsible, and best borrowing experience, and if it was not for you then I take full responsibility.So want to clarify a few misunderstandings of our product, and ask that you please remove the misleading and untrue statements you posted online on ripoffreport and potentially anywhere else online.   It personally is very sad that you would write those lies, because they are untrue and we are working very hard around the clock to provide our community the ability to have safe access to credit building financial services.

First, we absolutely have reporting relationships with the major credit bureaus, Experian and TransUnion. So positive reporting behavior on our reporting loans will help you build credit.  That is the entire premise of our company and the reason we built LendUp.  I have a background working in non-profit financial services and wanted to create an easier way for anyone to build credit, especially those that have had trouble in the past.  I understand that LendUp is not for everyone, but we 100% have relationships with the major credit bureaus.

Second, we absolutely do not share your personal information with any other lenders, marketers or spammers, ever.  In fact, we created an entire free education module dedicated to helping our customers, and anyone really, avoid a lot of the tricks and traps of online payday lenders and how to avoid predatory practices.  It is available anytime at http://www.LendUp.com/education  I did notice from your Clarity Insights Credit File that you applied for another loan before us and at least 7 others previously, which I hate to see because you might have accidentally applied through a lead generator, which is usually what happens if you dont see the words direct lender in the footer of the website.  Lead generators sell your personal information as a "lead" to up to hundreds of other lenders and that is usually the source of spam from other lenders.  LendUp is a direct lender, and we never have and never will sell your information to other lenders.  If you have any suggestions on how to create better awareness, please let me know.  Most of our customers have fallen victim to this before, and we are always looking for better ways to help protect our customers.

#3 General Comment

This is not a report from me

AUTHOR: jr - (United States of America)

I have never heard of or done business with this company, "Lendup Loans", so there should be no claims on my record against them. I did NOT write this complaint.  Kindly remove this from my record.