Complaint Review: Lenscrafters

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: B. Lunsford — Fayetteville North Carolina United States of America
302 Cross Creek Mall Fayetteville, North Carolina United States of America

Lenscrafters Fayetteville North Carolina Defective lenses Fayetteville, North Carolina

I purchases new eyeglasses at Lenscrafters in August of 2012. High end lenses, anti-glare coatings, etc. $464.95. 4 months later I notice something is going on with the front of the lenses, not scratches as I have known for years plastic lenses can only be cleaned with a cotton cloth to avoid scratches as are associated with paper products.

I took them into the store and in just a couple seconds the associate asks how do I clean my lenses? I told her, and her reply was the anti-glare coating is "coming off" because I did not use a lens cleaning fluid while cleaning them. I explained that if that kind of special care was needed, one I should have been told, two I wouldn't have bought the coating.

At the store level they are apparently unaware of anything remotely resembling customer service. Knowing that I called the CS number shown on the website. After 6 days of lies here I am. I gave them all the opportunities to resolve the issue but they insist on lying. I will do whatever is necessary to resolve this issue to my satisfaction. If you are reading this complaint you probably already made the mistake of giving them your hard earned money. Do not give up on your complaint. Companies like this expect you to just give up which just allows them to steal from more unknowing customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenscrafters/Fayetteville-North-Carolina-28314/Lenscrafters-Fayetteville-North-Carolina-Defective-lenses-Fayetteville-North-Carolina-1017407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenscrafters