Complaint Review: Level 1 Maintenance

• Submitted: Sun, June 05, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, June 05, 2011

• Reported By: BlackShirt Contracting LLC — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Level 1 Maintenance
29 Eastbrook Road, Suite 6, Dedham, Massachusetts United States of America

Level 1 Maintenance Contractors Beware! If you value your time & money stay away from this company! Dedham, Massachusetts

Let me get right to the point.  I obtained all of the insurances and filled out their huge contract and was willing to work for Level 1.  This was my first year with a blade on my truck and I was excited to have a chance to earn some money with it.  I serviced 4 BlockBusters in Omaha, Ne for them and although was not to thrilled about their "Net 45", I looked at it as kind of a savings account.  I knew (or in hindsight hoped) that I would get my money in 45 days.  Now I didn't get totally stiffed, I did recieve about 75% of my money but the last time I serviced their customers was Feb. 2 and it is now June 5 and I am still waiting to be paid from jobs I did at the end of January somewhere in the dollar amount of $2,000 still owed.  I understand that is not a great deal of money but for small business owners, that is a chunk of change.

I just think it is messed up, just like for other contractors I am discovering, we are the ones fronting the time, money, wear on our equipment and not to mention the energy to uphold our end of the contract.  They have zero to minimal overhead to get these sites serviced and kept up through snow storms.  We are the ones that have to be up and out of our homes at 2 or 3 AM in the freezing snow to make sure that Level 1's integrity is upheld and this is the way we are repaid? By not getting paid?

I have made multiple attempts to try and get someone to talk to me about my money but all I have gotten to this point is "Be Patient".  My patience are running very thin.  It has been 122 days since I last worked for them, ridiculous!  I guess I should of known something was up since starting with Level 1 I have had 2 contacts both of which have quit the company (Red Flag!).

So I guess my next course of action is to put liens on the BlockBusters that are still open, 1 out of the 4 I think. But why not I have done $2,000 worth of unpaid work for Blockbuster whether that site is still open or not.

Contractors Beware!  I would hate to see other companies go through what I am going through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2011 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Level-1-Maintenance/Dedham-Massachusetts-02026/Level-1-Maintenance-Contractors-Beware-If-you-value-your-time-money-stay-away-from-thi-737014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Level 1 Maintenance