Complaint Review: Lexington Humane Society

• Updated: Thu, December 08, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Lexington Kentucky United States of America
Lexington Humane Society
Lexington, Kentucky United States of America

Lexington Humane Society A Dangerous Mixture of Stupid and Evil Lexington, Kentucky

These people are a terrible mixture of stupid and evil. I thoroughly believe that they would allow to a dog to die alone in a cage before giving it to a loving family. I went there and looked at and played with several dogs, widely ranging in size and breed, narrowed my choices down to two, was debating them at the front desk while I filled out the paperwork, and the very rude woman speaking to me, took the papers out from under me and told me I was "too indecisive" and she could not allow me to adopt a dog.

My friend went back the next day to see if he could get the dog I had wanted, but was told he was not allowed to adopt, because he was not a homeowner. The dog we were trying to get was a very old, big dog that had been at the humane society a very long time, whose chances of finding another home were very slim. That dog will now probably die alone, because of that stupid b***h behind the front desk.

Isn't the point of a humane society to provide new homes for homeless dogs? So why are they doing their best to prevent this? While I was there, I witnessed another two individuals also being refused their request to adopt a pet, because they did not have a picture ID with them and did not have other members of their household present.

The Lexington Humane Society's qualifications for adoption ( or rather, bulls*it excuses to not do their job ) are much too high, and are doing nothing but harming the animals that stay there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lexington-Humane-Society/Lexington-Kentucky-40504/Lexington-Humane-Society-A-Dangerous-Mixture-of-Stupid-and-Evil-Lexington-Kentucky-806738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lexington Humane Society