• Report: #1002065

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2014

• Reported By: Fanny — Denver Colorado United States of America
Liberty Acquisitions Servicing LLC
7100 West 44th Ave., Suite 108, Wheat Ridge, CO Golden, Wheat Ridge,, Colorado United States of America

Liberty Acquisitions Servicing LLC Busch Professional Corporation Liberty Acquisitions is Threatening to Foreclose on the Home of 68-year-old Penniless Widow. Golden, Wheat Ridge,, Colorado

In September of 2012 I got a letter from Liberty Acquisitions saying they got a judgement on 5/21/2012 against me, on my house at 1660 Ulster Street, Denver, CO, 80220 in the amount of $9,690.01.  I called the courthouse and they said they did have a judgement filed against my property.  In a letter dated January 8, 2013 they informed me the debt was now at $11,377.66 since it was accruing interest at the rate of 25.240% per annum.

As I peruse my credit report from Equifax , which I just printed out yesterday, I notice that the Liberty Acquisitions entry under "Judgments" as the plaintiff, is for $4,904, which is the amount I owed Capitol One, according to my credit report. Then there is another "Judgment" for $1,842 for the plaintiff, HSBC Bank. [continued below]....
..... I closed all my credit accounts in January, 2009 by sending letters to all my creditors, explaining that I lost my job and was no longer able to make payments.

I have been served papers by processors four or five different times and always went to court at 8:30 A.M. as required.  The last request to go to court was mailed to me and it's a wonder I opened it, but I did and I went to court even though there was no process server involved.  I don't recall getting any request to go to court in May in the mail and there was definitely NOT a process server involved.  I'm very diligent about opening every piece of mail I get.  So I don't know how Liberty Acquisitions got a judgment against me on that date when I was not even present, nor do I understand how the judgement was for $9,690.01 when the amount owed Capitol One was for $4,904.

In their last letter they state, "Also, Liberty Acquisitions Servicing has the option of foreclosing on its judgment lien."  I don't know if they're bluffing, but they are scaring me.  I'm a 68-year-old widow and this house is all that stands between me and homelessness.  I had the unfortunate luck of losing my job, along with dozens of others when First Horizon Merchant Services became owned by US Bank.  I have done everything in my power to keep my home including persuading Westerra Credit Union to re-do the thirty-year mortgage I had with them to a forty-year mortgage, thus lowering my payments.

I have always been very responsible and I don't know if this company is trying to "bluff" me out of my home, or what their motives could be.  I would like to file some sort of complaint against them since I think their tactics are not quite kosher.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Acquisitions-Servicing-LLC/Golden-Wheat-Ridge-Colorado-/Liberty-Acquisitions-Servicing-LLC-Busch-Professional-Corporation-Liberty-Acquisitions-is-1002065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Acquisitions Servicing LLC