Complaint Review: Loanfax, Russell Awni

• Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — California United States of America
Loanfax, Russell Awni
Santa Ana, California United States of America

Loanfax, Russell Awni Russ Awni Bad Leads, Misrepresents Carfax Connection, Non-stop Threats, Extortion/Blackmail, Harassment, STAY AWAY! Santa Ana, California

*Consumer Comment: Sarah Johnson's lies outnumber her aliases!

Do business with Loanfax at your own risk!!!! This company claims to be partnered with RL Polk and Carfax and also claims that its primary business is vetting and "investigating" lenders. Loanfax is in fact a telemarketing company, and a poor one at that. Once you realize that their leads are less than what you'd hoped for you will be subjected to (even if you've paid them what you owe) non-stop harassment and demands for additional money. I've never experienced anything like the tactics Mr. Awni has employed.

If you do not "pay up", prepare to be BOMBARDED with non-stop emails, texts and threats that are so lengthy they'd give Herman Melville writer's cramp! When Mr. Awni sees he isn't getting his way, his next trick is to threaten to accuse you of criminal acts to the authorities unless you pay him a certain amount of money. I can't speak to the truthfulness of other people's experiences with Loanfax and Russ Awni, but they are eerily familiar to what I've experienced. [continued below]....
..... I've spoken with my local police department and thankfully they've told me what steps to take next to protect myself from this activity.

Anyone who threatens to accuse you of a crime unless you pay them or give up other property is guilty of extortion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loanfax-Russell-Awni/Santa-Ana-California-/Loanfax-Russell-Awni-Russ-Awni-Bad-Leads-Misrepresents-Carfax-Connection-Non-stop-Threa-994098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loanfax, Russell Awni

Sarah Johnson's lies outnumber her aliases!

AUTHOR: OC Homeowner - ()

I want everyone to know the truth about Najia Jalan, aka Sarah Johnson and upteen other fake names she used to scam homeowners like me and Steve Kirkman of Santa Barbara, who worked with Mr. Awni to finally take down this scamming thief who took my money and thousands of other homeowners before the FEDs finally shut her down.

I am responding to this post because if not for LoanFax/Mr. Awni and Mr. Kirkman, Ms. Jalan would have costs thousands of additional homeowners their homes, as she nearly cost me mine.  I am optimistic I will get something back from my $3500 she lied/stole from me back in 2012.

I am grateful to Mr. Awni/LoanFax and Mr. Kirkman for standing up for homeowners who could not and for working with the FEDs to bring an end to this tyrant (Ms. Jalan) and her band of crooks she worked with.

For anyone wanting the truth, you can find articles online about the FED shutdown, including this one I included here for your readers.

FEDS Shutdown Sham Loan Mod Co in OC: http://www.ocregister.com/taxdollars/strong-478986-loan-shop.html

Sincerely,