Complaint Review

newark Delaware United States of America
Name:
Locator News Inc
Address:
100 s broad st ste 1304 philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America Phone:
2154960660
Category:
Advertising / Deceptive

Locator News Inc Locators Inc deceptive business practices philadelphia, Pennsylvania

i contacted this company back in May as i needed help finding a new place to rent. i had moved to MD from FL and then needed to move to DE. Being that i was unfamiliar with the area i thought it made sense to solicit the service of a company. they advertised in the local paper and i called and spoke with Darren who stated that my criteria could be accomodated - i needed a pet friendly place and a place with a garage. Upon giving them my credit card i was then faxed a contract. At this point i discovered some of the rules that had not been disclosed to me i.e. any changes would result in a fee/surcharge. Darren never told me this and i was mad. I had already given my cc so i proceeded but let him know my frustration in writing and verbally. i then received the list and i called almost immediately. It was junk and the llist did not meet the specific criteria i had requested. then it was disclosed that i could not obtain a specific list with the garage and the number of bedrooms and baths as well as the pet need. i was furious and knew i had been scammed. i worked with the lists a few times but they were so full of junk i did not want that it was a huge waste of time. This is deceptive and i have disputed my with credit card vendor. they have sided with the vendor and i have now gone to the BBB and the Attorney General. I just dont want others to be scammed as i was. Money is too tight for crooks like this to be wasting our time. I have made attempts to contact them to resolve the issue but they will not call me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2010 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Locator-News-Inc/philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19110/Locator-News-Inc-Locators-Inc-deceptive-business-practices-philadelphia-Pennsylvania-646712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Locator News Inc