Complaint Review: Lookup Ltd.

• Submitted: Sat, September 24, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, September 24, 2011

• Reported By: Angela — Falls Village Connecticut United States of America
Lookup Ltd.

Lookup Ltd. ,Scammed by Vehicle History Report, Hidden monthly charges, aka. Seektd.com Internet

We used Lookup Ltd. to do a "free vehicle history report".  We were charged a $1.00, which  I thought was no big deal.
We continued on through the sign up process, got our confimation email with our username and password and info. to contact them. The vehicle report looked professional. We were happy with the results.

About 6 weeks later I noticed a charge on my credit card (09/11/2011) for $18.95 payable to seektd.com with phone no. 866-437-9716 and 866-417-6790. Naturally, I called these phone no. The recorded message did not identify themselves and said that they were not taking phone calls at this time. Then I went to the website, which of course, is and has been "temporarily unavailable"!!

Thinking that I was being scammed, I then checked my previous credit card statement. I found the original $1.00 charge (08/06/2011) to lookupltd.com. And to my surprise, 6 days later (08/12/2011) I found the $18.95 charge payable to lookupltd.com. Then I noticed that both lookupltd.com and seektd.com had the same phone no.s. I went to lookupltd.com website and guess what, This website is and has been "temporarily unavailable". What's up with the name change!
I then went back to the email they sent us and that was no help at all.

This looks and smells like a SCAM!!

OH, I forgot to mention that this isn't the only SCAM reporting website that these companies are on. And, it's not only about vehicle reports.

You can be assured that we will try the email address given by Joanne Berger, Head of Customer Service.
Shame on you, Lookup Ltd

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2011 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lookup-Ltd/internet/Lookup-Ltd-Scammed-by-Vehicle-History-Report-Hidden-monthly-charges-aka-Seektdcom-I-780743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lookup Ltd.