Complaint Review: M&T Bank

• Reported By: hartsel — Easton Maryland United States of America
M&T Bank

M&T Bank M&T Bait and Switch Internet

*Author of original report: Resolved

In Dec. of 2010 my wife and I got a flyer in the mail indicating that if we signed up for a new checking account we could each receive up to $175 each.  We went into the bank with the flyer and indicated we wanted to sign up for new checking accounts and showed the employee the flyer.  We took two options from the list that would result in each of us getting $125.  Aprox. two months later we each received $25 in our account.  I asked the employee who set the account up about the $100 and she said it could take awhile and to just keep looking on line for it.  In July I again asked them about the 100 bucks and was told that the employee was no longer with them (so what?) and she had signed us up or our account was coded under a different program.  No further funds would be forthcoming.  Your kidding the Bank makes a mistake and I'm out $200.  I told them this was unacceptable and to revisit the issue.  Eight days later they call me and said some smuck in Towson said to give me $75 for my inconvience.  No this is not about money anymore.  This is about customer service and doing what you said you were going to do and not using an ex employee as a scape goat.  This is not over by any means.  Wrote letter to M&T H.Q. in N.Y., letter to BBB in Md. and letter to State Banking Administration in Md. and N.Y.   If and when I get the money I think I'll give it back to them to set up a course in "How to treat a customer".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2011 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MT-Bank/internet/MT-Bank-MT-Bait-and-Switch-Internet-759380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M&T Bank

Resolved

AUTHOR: hartsel - (United States of America)

On 10/15/11 received letter from M&T consumer department.  Apparently was a communication problem in there was several programs on the flyer.  X employee told me I was in a higher program than I quilified for so in fact I was not suppose to get the $100 fee.  O.K. everyone makes mistakes. Too bad I had to write three letters and get all bent out of shape before someone explained it to me.  No attempt by M&T to defraud anyone.  As the warden said in Cool Hand Luke "Apparently we have a failure to communicate".  Case resolved.  Thank you M&T for your responce.